Chapter 38

Clarke's POV

"We're going to war."

At my words, Raven gets serious and nods. At first, I think she's going to ask if I'm kidding and basically react like my mother, but as usual, I'm wrong.

"Just don't do anything too stupid and die." Her voice cracks but she ignores the fact.

The pain in her words break my heart and I'm so glad that Kyle hears it too. He wraps an arm around her shoulders and she snuggles into him, though she still tries to seem tough.

"No promises on the not doing stupid things." I smile as I speak and hear Octavia snicker quietly beside me. "But I can promise to try not to die."

Raven is one of the strongest people I know. If I'm remembering correctly, her family's dead and after that her ply family was Finn. Who I killed after I stole him from her. Let me say that I had no idea he had a girlfriend. And then she was injured and couldn't move properly. And then she was locked up in a crate for a week or so by psycho scientists. And those are just a few of the things she's had to go through. Yet she still carries on with her hilarious attitude and her brilliance in the field of mechanics. To be honest, I don't know how she does it.

The radio that connects us to Mount Weather crackles, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Hello?" Maya sounds panicked. "Um, sorry to bother you but I saw something and I, uh, I just really need to speak to the Commander. Can you put her on if she's there?"

"Lexa was taken by the Ice Queen. Why?" I frown.

Maya curses and now I'm alarmed. She's a sweet, kind girl with the mouth of a young kid that refuses to even say the word "stupid". For her to be swearing, it must be really bad.

"Maya?" I ask worriedly.

"It could be faked. They-they could have found a look alike. It-it might not be her." Maya stutters, muttering.

"Maya!" Indra snaps behind me, making me jump slightly.

"Sorry. I saw a video of the dungeon in the Ice Queen's palace. I don't know if it's fake or not. I hope it's fake... Sorry about freaking out. Um, in the video, the Commander's being tortured."

The room spins and I lean against the table, breathing hard. No no no no no.

"Are you sure it was her?" Octavia asks, placing a hand on the small of my back to comfort me.

"I wasn't before, I was hoping she was with you, but now... Yeah I think it's her."

"Thank you, Maya, for letting us know." Octavia says. She reaches out, turning the radio off before focusing on me. "Clarke? Are you alright?"

It's my fault she's there. Nausea rolls in my stomach. She's getting hurt, tortured, because of me.

Shit. We'll just have to save her as soon as we can.

Oooh, Clarke knows about the torture. Will it motivate or distract her? Thanks for getting this to 15k reads! You guys are amazing! Thank you so much for reading and stay awesome!!