Chapter 70

Clarke's POV

The walk to the outpost takes shorter than I expected. Though maybe that's because I'm too busy trying not to laugh at Lexa's annoyed expression. The entire way Octavia and Raven tease us about O finding us kissing in our tent.

Even Indra doesn't seem to mind and snickers when I wrap an arm around Lexa. I put a stop to it when Lexa starts blushing and unconsciously moving even closer to me.

"Hey, idiots." I say. "We're girlfriends. That's what girlfriends do. Don't get jealous because you don't have your boyfriends to make out with."

Octavia and Raven exchange a look before turning to us with smug grins. "Who says we didn't make out with someone?"

I groan, "Horn dogs. And you complain about us."

Lexa nudges me, barely having to move her elbow because we're still so close (I think she loves my arm around her, she just has a bad ass facade to keep up).

Lincoln and Wick run up to their girlfriends. Octavia melts in Lincoln's arms while Raven punches Wick's arm affectionately. He grimaces but keeps smiling at her.

"Are you okay?" Lincoln asks. "What happened? We have all heard that something happened in the Ice Castle, but no one out here seems to know what exactly happened."

"It's nothing bad, babe." Octavia says, her voice muffled against Lincoln's chest.

"Gather everyone that can come." I order a nearby guard. She nods and runs off. I turn to Lincoln, "We'll tell everyone soon. And Octavia's right, it isn't bad news."

I feel Lexa squirm a little and look at her.

"Clarke, I should reapply my war paint." She murmurs and I know that she's nervous.

"Lets talk in my tent, okay?" I ask.

Lexa stiffens and I see the fear in her eyes. I flex my arm that's around her to remind her that it's there and she relaxes slightly. Lexa nods and we walk to my tent.

I have to remove my arm to get the war paint and she reaches out to grab it. I pull it away, out of her reach.

"You don't need it, Lexa. If you're worried about looking tough, you have an intimidating new cut over your eye. But this is not just a job for the Commander, the one who united the 12 clans, it's a job for Lexa, the empathetic woman that loves with all her heart. Okay?"

"Okay." Lexa still seems nervous and won't look me directly in the eyes.

"Hey, I'm going to be up there too. I'm right up there with you, by your side. We're in this together." I take her hand and she finally meets my eyes. My heart clenched at the terror I can see in them. It's nothing I've ever seen before, not even when we were fighting for our lives. Not even when she sacrificed her freedom to save my life. "Lexa, what's wrong?" Her mouth opens slightly before closing and she looks at the ground, seeming embarrassed. I reach up with the hand that's not holding hers and cup her jaw. I move my hand up gently, making her look at me. "What's wrong?"

Lexa looks embarrassed and still scared. What on earth could scare her so much?

"You didn't bring me here to break up with me?" She asks in a small voice and my mouth drops open slightly in shock.

Ooh, insecure Lexa. Don't know where that came from... Man I am evil sometimes! And now I just want to hug poor Lexa...

In other news that I forgot to tell you all yesterday (oops), I have an idea for a THIRD book. If you guys are interested, of course. I have to say, from what I've seen of season 3 (as in the trailer) our ideas weren't that different... Sort of. It is in no way season 3, just like the extreme basics are kinda similar. I'd explain further, but it'd ruin the surprise. But it's not based on season 3, no worries. Oh I'm not explaining this good... Oh well.

Thank you for reading and stay awesome!