Chapter 66

Lexa's POV

"Become the King?" Menelaus shifts nervously. "I am not sure I am suited for that role."

"You did not hesitate to question me and I know that your soldiers trust and respect you. That is why they did not harm you when the Ice Queen ordered them to take you prisoner. But it is not Clarke and I's decision, and it is not your decision either. It is the people's."

Clarke smiles at him. "After I clean up the worst wounds we should head to the city near here and ask the opinion of the people. If they like you and agree, you can be crowned as Ice King by your people soon. But if they don't, I'm sure they'll find someone else."

"Very well." He bows his head. "Thank you for choosing me. If my people do want me as their King, I will be nothing like her."

Clarke squeezes my hand before letting go, moving around to help clean up and dress the worst wounds. She comes to me last.

"Clarke, I am okay. We are prepared to leave for the city."

"No way. You're not leaving with blood dripping down your face. I'm cleaning that up."

I recognize her determined expression and know she will not budge. I sigh and sit down. Clarke dips a cloth into a bucket of water that is slightly red because of all the other wounds she has cleaned. She moves it so it is hovering near my eye that has shut because I do not want my blood blocking my vision.

I nod and the wet cloth presses to my eye gently. She cleans the blood away slowly and carefully and I can tell she is trying not to cause me any more pain.

When my face is cleaned up enough for her to study the wound, Clarke leans in. "It's not that deep, but it's definitely going to scar. You're going to be fine."

She breathes out a sigh of relief and stands up. Clarke extends out her arm and I take her hand. She pulls me up and I stretch my tired limbs. I do not let go of her hand and I see her smile out of the corner of my eye at the gesture.

Octavia and Raven are arguing over who was more badass during the battle, standing near a very annoyed looking Indra. I grin at the sight.

We make our way over there and Raven immediately turns to us. "You guys saw me blowing those Ice Warriors to smithereens, right? Octavia thinks she's more badass than me because she used a pointy metal stick to kill them. Tell her my way was more awesome."

"Lexa and I killed the Ice Queen." Clarke points out matter-of-factly. "We win."

Raven grumbles and turns back to Octavia. "Float yourself, O. I used bombs. Tell me that's not freaking awesome."

Before Octavia can retort, Menelaus comes over to us. "We are ready."

Hello! Haven't made an author's note in a while... But I do want to say the Tower of Pizza was not auto correct :) Lexa's just adorable like that. Anyone else dead because of the trailer? Like come on Raven doesn't deserve that. And also, lots of Lexa :D Thank you guys for reading and stay awesome!