Chapter 29

Clarke's POV

My vision slowly focuses.

I'm in the medical area where my mother works. How did I get here?

Mom, Octavia and Raven all peer down at me, worry etched into their faces.

Why are they so worried? What happened?

Memories flash in my mind.

Please tell me that was a dream. Please tell me that wasn't real.

"It wasn't, a dream, Clarke." Raven murmurs.

Suddenly I can't breath and I'm gasping for air. There's a weight on my chest that no one can see and it's killing me.

She could be dead.

No. She would never go down that easily.

And she would never let herself be kidnapped because if she doesn't one person would die.

But she did. She did.

She's gone.

"Clarke. Clarke!"

I'm pulled back into reality. I'm hunched over on the hospital bed, clutching my head tightly with both of my hands.

"Clarke. What happened?" Octavia says, gently rubbing circles on my back.

I force myself to let go of my head.

"Lexa's gone," I rasp.

"We gathered that much, sweetheart." Mom says gently. "What happened?"

"We were on a date-" Mom frowns but stays quiet. "And some Ice Warriors showed up. I killed seven of them, by the way." I smile faintly at the memory. "Lexa only killed three."

"Nice." Raven pats my shoulder.

"And then the Ice Queen showed up. And out of nowhere I had a knife to my throat and a gun to my head. When Lexa saw me, she... She couldn't save me. Not with both of the weapons. So she agreed to go with the Ice Queen in order to have her spare my life. I told her not to, that her freedom is worth dying for, but she... She didn't listen. She said that her life wouldn't be worth living if I were not in it. So she went with them."

"At least the Commander did the right thing." Mom sighs and grins at me.

She doesn't seem fazed or care at all that the woman I love just gave up her freedom for me.

Raven and Octavia envelope me in a hug.

"Thanks." I say when they pull back.

"So what's the plan?" Octavia asks.

"Plan?"

"To get her back."

"No." Mom says sternly before the conversation can go any further. "That girl has caused enough trouble, I'm not about to go to war to save her."

I slide off the bed and look my mother in the eyes. "That girl you're referring to is a woman. Not a child. She is the Commander. She is my girlfriend. She helped save our people from the Mountain Men." She opens her mouth but I cut her off. "No. She came back. She didn't have to, but she did. Lexa is the woman I love. And you have been nothing but horrible to her. And you're not making this decision. I am. If I decide to get Lexa back then we will."

Mom's face is red. "I am the Chancellor!"

"So? Hold an election. See which one of us the people want as their leader. Prove me wrong. Then you can make the decisions."

This chapter didn't go the way I thought it would but I love it! Go Clarke! What do you guys think is going to happen? What do you think is happening to Lexa? Almost to chapter 30... Whoa. Thanks for reading and stay awesome!