Chapter 17

I rub my thumb against Clarke's arm less gently than I usually do.

I hope she notices. She needs to wake up. She is vulnerable when she is asleep.

"Get up slowly," someone whispers. He sounds so close that he must be the one with the knife to my back.

"Clarke," I murmur in her ear as I comply, gradually moving my body until I am standing up.

My back is facing my enemy and my mind is screaming at me, reminding me what happened the last time I did so.

Costia got taken.

Clarke stirs, and reaches back to find me. Her face wrinkles slightly in confusion when she only finds warm bed sheets.

There is a knife to your back not a cannon. You can fight your way out of this.

I twist, frowning when I hear the back of my sleep shirt rip. I punch his wrist and he drops the knife. It falls with a clatter.

Both Clarke and Octavia jolt up.

There is only one overly muscled man. Does she think that he can take me alone? Two more oversized men squeeze through the door. Of course not.

The two split, one headed for each of them.

I move towards Clarke to help and she shakes her head and gives me a reassuring smile.

The man I am supposed to focus on probably got annoyed that I am ignoring him and focusing on my girlfriend because his fist is hitting my face.

I turn toward him with a bored expression. This is one of the worst assassination attempts I have seen. Though they are Ice warriors, so I know they are not after me.

Clarke is holding her own, but not without getting hit by that behemoth.

She wants me to let her handle this and I will respect her wishes. But if that man hurts her too badly... He will be sent home in little pieces.

I hit the man in front of me in the gut. He stumbles back a few paces with his face turning red. He looks toward the knife currently on the floor near me then at my bored expression.

Is he trying to make this easy for me?

I step on the hilt of the knife as he dives for it. It flies up just high enough for me to snatch it midair.

Dealing with assassins was one of the first things I was taught. This is child's play to me.

He looks awed at my trick.

"Yu gonplei ste odon." I look into his eyes, a sign of respect between warriors.

I use his knife to slice his throat open. He silently crumples to the ground.

Octavia is playing with her opponent, having fun beating the man to a bloody pulp.

Clarke has cuts and bruises and is struggling, but has a fierce determined expression.

I touch her shoulder lightly, asking her without using words if she wants my help or the knife. She holds out her hand as the overgrown child grabs her arms roughly. I place the knife's hilt in her palm, making sure not to accidentally cut her.

She moves it around for a bit, giving him time to give up or run. He is stubborn.

Clarke plunges the knife into his chest, right where his heart is.

I guess being the daughter of a medic has it's uses.

Hello again! Thank you guys for the great comments last chapter :) For those of you that don't know it don't remember, that was Trigedasleng, the Grounder language and it translates to "your fight is over." Thanks for reading and stay awesome!!