Chapter 28

Surprise! It's in Clarke's POV

I watch helplessly as that Ice bitch leads her away.

It's all my fault.

I gather just enough energy to yell, "I'll find you, Lexa! I swear I'll get you back!"

If only I were stronger.

I am on my knees and I fall backwards, my eyes unfocusing on the world around me.

I could have saved her.

I lost her.

I lost Lexa.

The world fades to black.

"Clarke?" I hear a voice call out.

Lexa?

"No, sweetie, it's me, Raven. Are you okay?"

My eyes flutter open. Raven is crouched in front of me with a worried expression on her face as she studies me.

"Can you walk?" She questions.

I couldn't even get up to get her.

"To get who?" Am I thinking out loud? When I don't answer, she turns and shouts, "O! I found her! She doesn't seem hurt, but something's wrong! I need you to carry her!"

Octavia comes running out of the forest, panting. "Alright. But where's Lexa?"

Gone.

"I don't know."

"How do you not know? You're the one who talked to her!"

"She didn't tell me anything! Just gave me a message for Clarke." Raven focuses on me. "Can you hear me? Clarke?"

Octavia walks up to me, frowning. "I've never seen her like this." She crouches down. "What's wrong, Princess?"

She's gone.

"Who's gone?" She looks at Raven and mutters under her breath. "I swear if the Commander hurt her..."

She left. She could have just let me die. Why didn't she let me die?

"Who?" Raven asks.

"Lexa," I murmur.

I let out a shuddering breath and remember. How terrified she looked when she saw the knife and gun. How gently she told me that I am worth dying for. How beautiful she looked when she was laughing at our terrible puns. How great she's been to me, how patient. How adorable she is when she's trying to hide a smile and seem tough. How she's an amazing kisser, she's gentle and compassionate but I can feel the passion behind the kisses. How badass she looks in her armor. How kind she truly is. How happy she was when I asked her to be my girlfriend. How she made sure that our kiss after she saved me wasn't a one time thing.

I sink further into the recesses of my memory.

She gave up everything for me. Her life. Her happiness. Her freedom. Her... Love.

Some sound is trying to make me come back to reality but the real world hurts. My chest is tight and my heart feels like it's broken into tiny jagged pieces.

I'm aching because in the real world, she's not here. She's not next to me, holding me and quietly telling me that it's okay. But it's not. And she's not here.

And it's killing me.

"Clarke? Clarke!" Someone is saying my name over and over.

Octavia and Raven are still in front of me. My ears are clear once again as I try to hear what she's saying.

"Clarke," Raven sighs in relief when she notices that I'm listening. "Lexa radioed me to come and get you as well as give you a message. I tried to radio back, but it's not working. Do you want to hear the message now? Or do you want to wait?"

Now.

"Alright. She told me to tell you that she loves you."

I love you too.

Hello! Forgot to tell you guys that some chapters are going to be in Clarke's point of view and others will be in Lexa's. Fun chapter, huh? :) Stay awesome!