My Celebrity Housemate: Prologue

Hello :D

This is my first story/chapter that I've posted on wattpad :D Thanks guys for stopping by ! I hope you'll like it! *fingers crossed*

p.s. Credits to Nikcyanne for making the the awesome trailer!! :D <3

Updated Author's Note: I wrote this story in 2010 when I was 14, it was finally completed in 2011, so a gentle reminder that this is a work of a 14/15 year-old :B I apologize in advance for any flaws, but I'm probably not going to edit anything anymore because I don't want to replace my past visions and imaginations with new ones, I would want a piece of me to stay the same way it when I last left it :) Thanks for understanding!

imperfectdreamer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue

It was ten in the morning and the park was filled with children playing freely like there’s no tomorrow. Some were busy on the see-saw, some were just crawling in the mud, some are just simply chasing each other around, completely unaware that they might bump into that giant oak tree.

          A lady in her thirties was linking hands with her four year-old child, with the father walking directly behind them. The child was excited. Where were they going? Are his parents finally going to spend a whole day with him and play? Are they finally going to spend some time together as a family? He didn’t know, but he was excited, that’s for sure.

          “Where are we going mom?” the child asked for the fifth time with a happy expression, clearly written across his face.

          “We’re getting there.” Said his mom patiently. Her voice was boring and dull, like there’s no life in it. Wasn’t she supposed to be excited too? The child didn’t get it, but he refused to ask.

          “Daddy, where are we going?” he asked.

          “Just follow your mom.” Said his dad woodenly.

          The child was confused again, but still he had refused to ask any other questions and decided to hide his curiosity and assumed the best. Maybe they’re going to the movies. Maybe they’re going to get his favorite Lychee flavored ice-cream. Maybe this, maybe that. Anything could happen.

          The little child started to frown when he realized that they’re walking past all of his favorite places. Why are they walking pass the playground? Maybe they’re not playing today. Why are they walking pass the theatres? Why are they walking pass the ice-cream truck? Why, why, why?

          “Mom, where are we going?” asked the child, frowning this time.

          “We’re almost there.” Said the lady calmly.

          They continued to walk further and further down the street. The little boy decided that he did not like all this exercise at all. Why didn’t they just take the car? Or the public bus? Why did they have to do it the uncomfortable way? Still, the child was curious but had chosen to be silent.

          The atmosphere began to change. Suddenly it felt cold and quiet, and even though he was walking with his parents, he suddenly felt lonely, but he did not know why. They were walking on an unfamiliar road and he doesn’t like the feeling at all.

          “Okay, we’re here.” Said the lady, firmly stopping in front of a tall and scary-looking building.

          “Mummy, Daddy, where are we?” the child squeaked.

          “Just follow me.” His mom urged and the child followed like he was told to without hesitation.

          “Hi, my name is Mrs. Monreaux…”

          “Ah, so this must be your son!” said the weird lady before him.

          “I don’t like you.” The child said.

          “Now, listen honey.” Said his mom soothingly. “This nice lady here is Mrs. Susan, and will be taking care of you when Daddy and I are gone.”

          “Where are you and Daddy going?” asked the child.

          “Don’t you worry now, just be a good boy, okay?”

          “Wait, where is this place? I don’t like it here.” The child whimpered. “I wanna go home…”

          “No, you’ll have a wonderful time here with Mrs. Susan and all the other kids!” said his mom brightly while giving him a light push. “This will be your happy land!”

          “But I don’t want happy land!” the child muttered worriedly. I want to go home!”

          “This is home.” His dad chimed in. “Now honey, I think we should go.”

          “Go? Where are you two going?” the child began to sob.

          “Daddy and Mommy have some very important things to do. We’ll come back later, okay?”

          “Please take me with you. I don’t like it here.” The child complained.

          “No, we can’t do that.” said his dad firmly. “Thank you Mrs. Susan.”

          “Wait!” the child began crying as he watched his parents leave the building, completely ignoring him, not even looking back.

“Your mommy and daddy will be back!” said Mrs. Susan cheerfully.

Why are they leaving? Why aren’t they looking back? Why won’t they answer me?

“Mommy, Daddy!” the child cried. “Come back!”