My Celebrity Housemate: Chapter Thirteen

Hey guys! :D

Thanks for reading, hope you'll like it! :)

imperfectdreamer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Thirteen

-Kate's P.O.V-

After handing Joanne all of Alex's junk, I'd got ready to meet up with Drake. This isn't a dream, right?

          Honestly, I didn't know why he asked me out after school. I mean, he's with Natalie for crying out loud! And it doesn't take a genius to figure out who is the better person to hang out with. Why is he planning to spend time with me? It doesn't make any sense. I knew that I needed to ask him about it, but I fear that it might just ruin the moment, and I'd lose one of those lifetime chances. So I might as well just shut up and forget about it.

          But...does this mean that he's cheating on Natalie?

          "Hello." He greeted. "Okay, are you ready?"

          "Yeah..." I murmured.

          "The weather outside is nice, so we should probably ditch the indoors for a while." he said as we both walked away from the school.

          It was a peaceful afternoon, and the roads seem emptier today. Maybe everyone decided to stay home?

         It was an awkward moment, and I really didn't know how to communicate with him. This guy is just too good for me. I feel like a loser whenever I'm around him. I've always felt like somebody behind my backs are probably saying something like how different we are and stuff, and it doesn't completely bother me, but it's irritating and I'd really appreciate it if they'd just leave me alone.

          "So, how is everything?" he asked and broke the silence.

          "Everything's good." I said firmly. "How are things for you?'

          "Yeah, I seem to have something unexpected in mind..."

          "Eh?"

          "I mean...like, you know, I've been thinking about something lately and I can't seem to get my mind straight."

          "What things?"

          "It's about...well, Natalie." He sighed. "We were going so well..."

          "What happened?" I blurted. Okay, I admit that that was kind of direct, but I needed to know. I really don't wanna delay anything.

          "It doesn't feel like we're dating anymore."

          "What? Why?"

          "I dunno. We just sort of...drifted apart." He said sadly.

          "Drifted apart? But you guys see each other everyday." I frowned slightly. "Was it communication problems?"

          "No, we communicate just fine actually. In fact, I love talking to her. The thing is, we don't spend time together anymore. I mean, yeah we sure see each other, but there's nothing more after that. It feels like we're just friends."

          "Just friends? Seriously?" I have got to stop asking him questions.

          "Yeah. It's not exactly the kind of relationship I expected to have." He mumbled.