I hear Ashton cry.

I cover my ears and try to push his crying out of my mind.

I killed a mother. I left her son as an orphan. I'm a monster.

Ashton cries louder and I cover my ears tightly. I don't want to hear anything.

Kira! Please don't leave me. Wake up! I scream in my mind as I push my hands against my ears shutting out the noise of him crying.

Stop crying stop crying stop crying.

Wake up wake wake up please wake up.  

I cry out, trying to ignore every pain in my body and mind.

Cole where are you? Please come for me. Please.

I push my hands against my head squeezing so hard to shut out the world when I don't hear crying anymore.

Please don't die.

I cover my face with my hands as I feel a pair of tiny hands on my left leg trying to crawl into my lap.

"Don't," I whisper shakily as he climbs into my lap and lays his head on my chest.

It hurts. My heart hurts. I killed his mom. She's dead because of me.

He doesn't move away and we stay silent as our hearts cry for her. For his mom. For the woman that didn't ignore me.

I should have seen it coming. Jack would do something like this.

I close my eyes and let my mind fall into a land of pure darkness.

**

Screaming. Crying. I open my eyes quickly to see Ashton crying on my lap as he pushes his head into my chest and shuts his eyes tightly.

The lights are on.

I blink a little as I hear a girl scream from across my cell.

My eyes glance to Sarah's body and I gasp as I see her body split into two.

No no no no.

It wasn't a dream.

The girl screams again and I look back at her as a man pulls her out of the cell.

I try to open my mouth but my lips are so sore I can't move them.

I'm not healed yet.

I look away from the screaming girl and back to Sarah. Her head has been cut off from her body and the blood has dried up. How long has she been like that? I hear flies buzzing in the corner above her body.

Ashton holds onto my ripped jacket tightly. My clothes are covered in blood. My blood. My hands are covered in blood. Her blood.

I killed her.

The lights are switched off as the man takes away the girl screaming for her life. Ashton stops crying once it's dark again. His blue eyes were a mess because of crying, his white shirt was covered in blood. How long had he sat in her blood?  It was cold in this room. He had no pants on. Just a diaper.

He tightens his hold on my jacket and starts crying again.

No don't cry.

I don't want to hold him with my hands covered in his mother's blood.

I stay silent as he leans against me and quietens down by himself.

Kira please wake up. I try again but I don't feel anything. It's completely silent.  

Ashton cries again near me and all I want to do is scream for everything to stop.

I close my eyes tightly as I place my blooded hands around Ashton and place him on the ground.  

I quickly take off my jacket ignoring the screams wanting to leave my lips at every muscle I move. I'm left in a ripped shirt as I lean down and wrap the jacket around Ashton. He quietens down as I pick him up again and place him on my lap.

We fall asleep in the silent darkness.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
No question on this one. This is my favourite chapter. The fact that she doesn't want to hold Ashton at all but she has too, it's so heartbreaking. Or maybe I'm still pmsing.

Watch her relationship blossom with Ashton too. The rereaders know.

[Ashton is so cute^]