A voice I never wanted to use on her. A voice I never use on my family but half of my family could be anywhere by now and the other is in pain.

"Yes Alpha," Bethany replies hiccuping as she wipes her eyes and looks at the water.

"We've still got to go ring shopping. We have a wedding to plan and everything else but I need to find my mate for that. Can you be quiet for me and play with Carter for a bit? I won't be out long," I say to her as I smell Carter walking upstairs.

"Yes daddy," She whispers quietly as Carter enters to room.

"Hey princess, want to have a tea party with me?" Carter asks her as May pulls her out of the bathtub as the rain stops outside.

She's stopped crying. So has the sky.

"Get her in some warm clothes and make sure she's close to a fire. She needs to stay warm," I tell May as Carter takes Bethany out of the bathroom.

"You're going to be a great dad to her, Alpha," May smiles and walks out of the bathroom.

I nod to myself. I will be a great dad to her.

I walk out of the bathroom and head downstairs, ignoring the stares of my pack members as I step outside into the backyard of the pack house.

I see rogues dead on the ground and wolves sitting there waiting for an order.

She's not here. Alex growls lowly.

Skylar? I try our mindlink but it's dead. Dead. Fuck.

I take in a deep breath and smell her lingering scent. Coconuts and lavender being pushed away further and further because of the scent of rain and mud.

"We head East," I say to them all.

I'm coming for you baby.

Skylar's pov.

Silence fills my mind as I open my eyes to darkness.

Kira? I call out in my mind but I don't get a reply back. I feel empty and numb as if every part of my body has been switched off.

I feel a burden on my shoulders as I sit up in the darkness. I lean against the wall and try to look into the darkness. Nothing. No amazing eyesight. No powers. I can't feel anything. I can't feel the fire dancing in my veins or the water in the air.

Empty.

I sigh as a baby cries.

"Sorry," a woman says quietly as she tries to shush a baby.

I can't see her. I try to feel my eyes to see if I'm wearing a blindfold but no. Nothing.

I'm human. No powers.

"What's wrong with me?" I whisper into the darkness as I pull my knees up to my chest and wrap my hands around them.

Shit shit shit.

Where is Cole? I can't mindlink him.

"There's whispers about you in these cells. You're the Weretiger, aren't you? They've been experimenting on ways to keep you down," the woman whispers to me.

To keep me down?

The little baby cries again and I hear the woman whispering to the baby softly.

"I'm sorry for the noise," She apologises but I ignore her.

There's noise everywhere. Cells. I'm locked in one too.

No no no no.

Did Bethany get back inside safely? I should have done a better job at projecting her.

"They will be here any minute," the woman says quietly.

I frown into the darkness.

"Who?" I ask.

"Rogues. I hear people going in and coming back out screaming. One male went inside and he lost his mind and just kept whispering experiments before they killed him," She says, her voice holding a hint of sadness.

"What type of experiments?" I ask quietly.

"They're trying to find the last person. They know you have two of the elements. They also know who has the earth element. The air element is a mystery yet. They'll mix the blood of all three of you and insert it into the alpha. He wants to become powerful," She explains.

"Who's the Alpha?"

"I don't know. No one does. I've been in this cell for 8 months. They leave me alone because of Ashton. He's too young to be tested on so they won't kill me yet," the woman sighs quietly.

Suddenly before I can say anything else, a door opens blinding us all with a bright light.

I cover my face with one hand as I see Sarah. I try to hide the shock from my face at her skinny figure and her pale face. It seemed as if she hadn't are anything in months maybe years. My eyes glance at her baby, Ashton. His blue eyes look up at me and I glance back up at Sarah.

She didn't eat anything and gave it to her son.

"Come on princess, let's get you out now," a man appears next to my cell. I stand up and he chuckles as he opens the door.

"If you try to be smart, I will kick the shit out of you," He says smirking as he steps into the cell.

"I dare you to try," I say to him as I step closer making him wary for a second. I take that second to punch him in the face and then kick him where the sun doesn't shine. Hard.

He groans and falls to the ground.

"Come on!"I say to Sarah quickly as I kick the man again in his head, making him fall to the floor completely. I hold the door for her as she stands up as quickly as she can. She holds the baby close to her as she steps over the man and closer to me.

She steps out of the cell still in awe.

"It's been eight months since I've stepped out of that cell," She whispers quietly and I nod before turning around to take in my surroundings.

I'm late. I'm too late to notice the punch to my face a man gives me.

I hate feeling like a human.

I groan as I hold my jaw and Sarah gasps at me.

"Get the fuck back in your cell," the man growls at Sarah who steps back into her cell. She holds her baby closer and sits back down in her corner.

The man grabs my arm and squeezes it tightly.

"Don't fuck about now," He says rolling his eyes as he pulls me with him.

He drags me across all the cells till the room with the light. He pushes me inside and I fall into the hands of another man. The man grabs my shoulders and pushes me down on a chair. A woman ties rope around my body quickly. I blink and she walks out of the room quickly along with everyone else. The lights went off.

Shit.

"I do like being dramatic, don't I?" His voice filled the darkness as the lights were switched back on.

I was like a fish out of water as I stared at him.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
Question- Would you be a vampire or a werewolf?

[The next couple of chapters are favourite.]