Chapter Fifty Two

Chloe awoke from her sleep rubbing at her eyes and yawning.

It was midnight, and Beca should have been in bed with her, but she wasn't.

'Becs?', Chloe croaked, glancing at the empty space next to her, then at the bedroom door.

After receiving no reply, she decided to get up to investigate the disappearance. Wearing an oversized, black and white jersey shirt with nothing covering her bare legs, she padded downstairs with a concerned, frowning eyebrow.
Once she had reached the bottom of the staircase, she soon caught a glimpse of her girlfriend sat on the kitchen floor. The light was on, and Beca was cross-legged, playing with their new kitten, Willow.

'Babe, what are you doing? It's midnight', Chloe said quietly as they made eye contact.

'I thought I heard Willow meowing, so I came down to check on her'

The concerned expression on Chloe's face softened into a smile. Approaching Beca, she sat behind her, wrapping her arms around her waist, placing her head on her shoulder.

'Willow', the redhead called in a hushed voice; she moved one arm in front of her to encourage the kitten to come over.

On tiny legs and petite paws, the creature crept over to the outstretched hand, and lovingly nudged its head against it. Chloe gave her ears a stroke, as well as the top of her head.

'We should go back to bed now', Beca yawned, 'I just wanted to make sure she was okay'

'Softy', Chloe whispered as she gave her girlfriend a kiss on the cheek.

'What?'

'Nothing'

The girls left Willow in the kitchen to fall asleep, and retired to their bedroom once more. They held hands all the way up the stairs, and as soon as they hit the mattress they cuddled each other tightly; as if there was a law that meant physical attachment couldn't be broken that night.

'Are you wearing my shirt?', Beca asked, trying to look underneath the bedsheet without taking her arms away from being around Chloe's neck.

'I don't think so...', the ginger replied genuinely. Then, she too made an attempt to see through the bedsheet.

'I think you are, Chlo'

'I've had this one for a long time'

'You're definitely lying'

'Didn't I buy this a year ago when we went to Florida?', Chloe wondered aloud.

'Oh...', Beca said under her breath, realising that her girlfriend was in fact right.

Chloe smirked, and Beca instantly recognised the cheeky look on her face.

'This is the part where you apologise for calling me a liar, Mitchell'

'Technically, I didn't call you a liar- I just said you were lying'

Biting her lip before letting out a giggle, Chloe flirtatiously gazed into Beca's eyes. She had an idea of what she was doing to Beca when she looked deep into her eyes like that, (especially when she paired the action with a lip bite), but she didn't know quite how turned on it made the girl.

'I...I like it when you wear my shirts', Beca mumbled, feeling her cheeks flush a little.

'I like it when you wear mine', Chloe said back, moving her hands down to Beca's waist to tug gently at the brunette's top.

'Do you remember that time when I caught you wearing my plaid one? When we lived with the girls?'

'Oh yeah', Chloe reminisced. 'I loved that shirt'