Chapter Fourteen

Excitement and anticipation filled the air. The Bellas were all linking arms and gazing in awe at the stadium.

'Holy balls! This is huge', Amy screamed.

The girls wandered over to register, had the evening explained to them by a rep, then found their rehearsal space.

'I'm so, so proud of all of us, guys. Let's rehearse our butts off, then win, okay?', Chloe said, voice wavering slightly. She was trying not to seem nervous.

They rehearsed for the rest of the day, only stopping for refreshments and bathroom breaks.

'I feel ready', Jessica stated.

The Bellas agreed.

'I feel like my whole life has led to this moment', Chloe started to sob.

'Oh no, don't cry', Fat Amy said, 'It will make us look soft to the competitors'

Chloe laughed and composed herself.

'Thank you, everyone. I'm so proud. And thank you, Beca for making us what we are today'

'I couldn't have done it without your direction, Chlo', Beca smiled, 'And I couldn't have done it without you weirdos either'

The Bellas gathered for a group hug.
-----------------
Standing on the side of the stage, Beca's heart was in her throat. She had never been this nervous in her whole entire life. DSM, as well as a few other groups, had performed incredibly well. It was time to up their game.

Chloe was doing breathing exercises with Emily and Stacie. She too was extremely anxious.

Their name was called up.

Beca waited for Chloe to walk by, then squeezed her hand tightly.

'Good luck, Chlo'

'Good luck, Beca. Stay positive'

They began their routine with hand movements, captivating the audience from the get-go. However it was once they started singing that they knew that they had truly upped their game. The audience was going wild.
The atmosphere was unlike any other, and couldn't be explained. It was a totally new feeling for everyone. The Bellas felt empowered.

Then came the moment.

The lights dimmed and they began to sing 'Flashlight'. The crowd was loving the change of pace and the originality, but when the stage suddenly lit up and revealed a bevvy of previous Bellas, the performance reached another level.

A sea of lights appeared in front of the stage. Emotion-filled faces could be seen in the crowd, and the Bellas were feeling very emotional themselves. Looking back and seeing the history of the Barden Bellas was tugging at everyone's heartstrings. This meant more than organised lady singing.

Then, Beca looked over at Chloe, and she knew that she wasn't drunk on the atmosphere. She knew that she really loved her.

Once the performance had ended, the Bellas took a bow and left the stage.
Offstage, the girls cried and hugged each other. Beca was the last one to arrive.

She paced right over to Chloe and lifted her off the floor in a desperate hug, Chloe's legs around her waist. They cried on each other's shoulders.

'Chloe, I love you', Beca sobbed.

'I love you too, Becs', Chloe answered with a happy laugh.

'No, I mean I love you'

Beca dropped Chloe and looked her in the eyes.