Chapter Forty One

'Just out of curiosity, when are we getting food?', Fat Amy asked, trying to act casual.

'I'm starving', Stacie said in agreement.

The gang were out on a shopping trip is a Swiss town, and had been out for an hour already; it was nearing lunch time.

'I've already got that covered', Aubrey beamed proudly, making Chloe give her a look of confusion. 'I Googled restaurants in the area before we came', she explained.

After a five minute wander down various streets and pathways, the group ended up at a cosy restaurant that was reminiscent of a of a log cabin. Once they had settled in their seats, they ordered fondue to share. As well as this, Amy ordered a Berner platte, (a variety of meats), and Lily and Chloe chose a selection of pastries to be brought to the table.

'Oh my god, this is the best thing I've ever put in my mouth', Beca said after taking a bite of a pastry.

'I bet Chloe would have something to say about that', Stacie teased.

Beca visibly cringed, and so did the rest of the girls.

'Where are we going after lunch?', the brunette asked, attempting to change the subject.

'I thought we could check out some of the local attractions', Chloe answered.

'There's no need- I'm already here', Amy joked.

Beca laughed, then replied to her girlfriend, 'I'm gonna do some more shopping first, and then I'll join you. Is that okay?'

'You want to do more shopping? You? More shopping?', Chloe said sarcastically, not believing that this was the real Beca. The real Beca would rather swim back to America than spend all day in stores.

'Yeah, I do. I want to get some souvenirs'

'Okay', Chloe accepted, 'Do you want me to come with you?'

'I won't be too long- you can take everyone to the first attraction and I'll catch up'

The Bella's plates were starting to clear, and their drinks were slowly being finished. After soaking in the decor of the restaurant- its wood-panelled walls coated in quirky, retro, Swiss posters- the girls decided it was time to hit the town again.

'I'll meet you in half an hour', Beca told Chloe as she gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.

'Okay', the redhead smiled, 'I love you'

'I love you too'
----------------------
Beca entered a shop with rows upon rows and aisles upon aisles of chocolate. The walls and floors were a rich brown colour, and chocolatiers and workers adorned themselves in clean, white uniforms. Truffles, blocks, chips, buttons, shavings, cakes, muffins...it was all there. It wasn't long before a shopkeeper noticed the overwhelmed expression on her face and offered her some help.

'Yes, thank you', she said gratefully.

'Who are you buying for?', the gentleman enquired.

'She's really into white and milk chocolate- not so much dark chocolate- and she's a big fan of cute sculptures and things', Beca rambled.

The man thought to himself for a moment.

'Sorry, that didn't make your job much easier, did it?', the brunette said, feeling awkward, 'I mean, there's so much stuff here and I'm telling you the basics-'

'This girl', the shopkeeper interrupted, 'Is she someone special?'

'...Very special', the girl answered quietly, 'She's the one who brought me here, and I want to thank her for...for being so great'

'I think I know what you might be looking for'
------------------
'Girl, pedal faster!', Cynthia demanded.

'I'm going as fast as I can!', Chloe replied, her feet moving rapidly.

The Bellas had rented paddle boats for an hour, and were furiously racing each other.

'WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!', Aubrey yelled at the top of her lungs, high-fiving her partner, Emily as she did so.

Once she had gotten over the excitement of winning, Emily pulled her boat up to Chloe's.

'Isn't Beca supposed to be here by now?', she asked.

'Yeah', the redhead answered as she glanced at her watch, 'She is'

Then, around the corner, a voice was heard.

'Guess who's back?'

'Slim Shady?', Fat Amy called out.

'No, sorry. Just regular Beca', the DJ called back.

The girl strolled straight up to the edge of the water whilst holding something behind her back.

'What are you holding?', Chloe questioned, a smile creeping across her face.

'You've gotta come out of the water to see', the small girl told her, holding out one hand to the ginger.

Chloe brought the boat to the edge of the paving, then took her girlfriend's hand.

'This is to say thank you for bringing me here, Chlo'

'You didn't need to get me anything, weirdo'

'I know, but you deserve it...jerk'

Beca brough the gift out in front of her. It was a small, wooden box with intricate patterns carved delicately on the lid- along with a tiny heart attached to the end of the words 'Thank you'. Chloe opened it to see a row of milk and white chocolate truffles in the shapes of roses.

'Beca...', she said under her breath in awe, 'This is so sweet'

'Do you like it?'

'I love it!', the girl replied, hugging her tightly with one arm, then giving her a quick kiss.

'Don't eat them all at once', the brunette teased, 'Save me at least one'

Chloe took one truffle from the box and placed it on Beca's hand.

'You can have the first one, Miss Mitchell'

'That's kind of you', Beca said, putting the piece of chocolate in her mouth.

'That way I'll know if they've been poisoned', Chloe winked.

Playing up to the moment, the short girl clutched at her throat and made a theatrical gasp- leaving her girlfriend to laugh.

'Thank you, Becs'

'Don't mention it, psycho'
---------------------------------------
That night, Chloe and Beca lay in bed in their hotel room- their legs and arms entangled.

'I'm really enjoying this holiday, Chlo'

'I'm enjoying it too'

Their faces were only centimetres apart when Beca closed the gap with a kiss.

'You mean the world to me, Beca', Chloe said after the kiss.

'You're in an adorable mood'

'No, listen to me', the ginger whispered, 'I love you so much'

Beca embraced her girlfriend in a meaningful bear hug.

'Chlo...', she said softly.

'Yeah?'

'Do you promise to never stop saying that to me?'

Chloe nuzzled into the DJ's neck, then replied, 'I'll never, ever stop saying I love you, and I'll never, ever stop being in love with you'

'How did I end up with you?', Beca sighed, leaning back to kiss her forehead.

'I made lots of wishes over the years- and they finally came true'