Chapter Nineteen

Beca and Chloe had been together for five months, and still loved each other just as much as they did at the start. However, with Chloe's new job training as a teaching assistant, and Beca's increasing amount of gigs, they hadn't spent a great deal of time together.
Secretly, both of them had noticed the lack of quality time, but neither had the courage to tell the other one in case they thought they were being needy. Recently, they hadn't seen much of each other at all, and the tension was beginning to show.

'Hey, I miss you', Beca spoke through the phone. She had just arrived home from a club she was DJing at.

'I miss you too. Can I see you tomorrow?', Chloe asked. She was in bed, still living at her aunt's.

'I'm umm...busy tomorrow. I can see you the day after though'

'You're working all day and all evening on a Saturday?'

'Well I'm meeting up with someone tomorrow and then I'm working in the evening. I could see you after work, but it'll be a little late'

'Don't worry then. Night', Chloe couldn't hide her annoyance.

'Wait, Chlo. What's wrong?'

'I just want to see you. Obviously the feeling isn't mutual'

'Of course I want to see you! I'm just a bit busy tomorrow and I want to make sure I have as much time as possible with you'

'Okay. Night'

Chloe put the phone down and then turned it off. She found it hard to sleep for the rest of the night. Beca tried to ring Chloe back multiple times, worried that she had done something wrong.
------------------------------------
Beca walked over to the bench where he was sitting.

'It's been a long time'

She gave him a hug.

'Too long. How are you?'

Beca had met up with Jesse.

It was an innocent meeting- she didn't want to get back together with him- but she didn't want to tell her girlfriend about it. She thought that if Chloe knew that she was meeting Jesse, she would worry about what it meant.
---------------------------
Chloe received a text message from Aubrey.

-I didn't know that Beca and Jesse were friends again x-

Chloe's heart stopped.

-Neither did I-

-Oh, just saw them in the park on a bench together. Only talking x-

The redhead didn't reply- she was too upset.

This is it. She's running back to Jesse, she said to herself.

Sobbing quietly into a pillow, she spent the day ignoring Aubrey's texts.
-----------------------
Why won't she pick up?, Beca thought. She had been trying to call Chloe since she had gotten home from work.

Chloe's phone remained off until the next day.
---------------------------
'Are you okay? I was trying to reach you yesterday but you weren't picking up. I really miss you, Chlo'

Chloe was sitting on the edge of her bed, and Beca was ringing from her dad's house.

'...I miss you too', the redhead's voice was almost monotonous.

'What's wrong?'

Chloe bit her lip.

'I know that you met Jesse yesterday- Aubrey saw you. Why didn't you tell me?'

Beca's heart started to beat faster.

'It wasn't anything like that. We just thought that it was time to make up. I'm sorry, I just didn't want you to think I wanted to date him again'