Chapter Sixteen

Chloe was sitting at her desk, doodling. She was at her aunt's and was incredibly bored. It had been two weeks since the emotional goodbye at the Bella house, and Beca was working, so she had nothing to do.

A text came through.

-How's it going with Little Miss Piercings?-

It was from Aubrey. Aubrey had been told about their relationship on the night of The Worlds when they visited the bar. She was shocked, but pleased for her friend.

-She's working atm. Miss her lots. Told mom about us last week and she was really happy-

-Oh good :) Has Beca told her father yet?-

-Told him at same time as my mom. He was taken aback, but seems fine with it-

-So he should be- you're a catch! We'll have to meet up soon x-

'Definitely! See you soon, Aub x-

Her phone rang as soon as she put it down on the desk.

'Hello?'

'Hey, it's your favourite person'

'Beyoncé? Where did you get my number', Chloe joked.

'Very funny. Can I visit you? My shift just ended'

'Yeah, I'm free. I'm at my aunt's'

'Okay, see you soon, I love you'

'I love you too'

Chloe went to the bathroom to freshen up. She was wearing a short, grey, tartan skirt with a grey cable knit jumper. After brushing her teeth and perfecting her eyeliner, her phone vibrated.

-I'm here x-

Chloe opened the door to see Beca, wearing a short, black skirt and a green, plaid shirt. They hugged.

Beca called into the lounge, 'Good afternoon, Ms Robinson', expecting her girlfriend's aunt to be home.

'No one's home', Chloe told her.

'Oh. Well I kinda made plans to take you out anyway, if that's okay?'

'Of course it's okay. Where are we going?', the redhead asked, eyes twinking.

'How good are you at bowling?'

'I haven't bowled in years', Chloe said.

'Great, that means I can kick your ass. Get your handbag, Beale'

Chloe kissed her quickly and ran to get her handbag. They left the house arm in arm.

Half an hour later, they arrived at the bowling alley in Beca's car.
Once inside, they picked a lane and started a game.

Chloe was first to bowl and was carefully judging the distance.

'Nice pins, Chlo', Beca winked.

The redhead turned around and raised her eyebrows at her girlfriend. She then scored a spare.

'Okay, time for the master', Beca said, picking up a ball, 'If I get a strike, I'll remember to spare your feelings'

'Carry on with those puns and we'll split', Chloe giggled.

Beca walked back to the seats to kiss her before she bowled. She knocked down every pin.

'I'm gonna stop bowling'

'What? Why?'

'Because I'm on strike!', Beca laughed, throwing her hands in the air in celebration of her joke.