Chapter Nine

-Beca and Chloe are making out!-

A group text was sent.

-WHAT?-
-Right now?????-
-If this is a joke, I swear...-
-NO WAY-
-Where are they?-
-?-

-They're on the sofa making out! We saw it!-

The Bellas all met in the hallway, discussing the situation in hushed whispers. Just then, Beca and Chloe walked up the stairs.

'What are we all doing in the hallway?', Beca asked.

Silence.

'Ummm...I had a spot that I wanted to get checked out', Fat Amy mumbled.

'Did you really need all these people?', said Chloe.

'I like to get many opinions', Fat Amy replied.

There was an awkward feeling the air.

'Right. Anyway I'm going to bed, so night, weirdos', Beca said.

Everyone said goodnight, Chloe gave Beca a hug, and then they all went to their rooms.
Over text, the Bellas decided to mess with them.
-----------
After a couple of weeks, Beca and Emily had finished their project, and had shown it to the other Bellas, who were excited about using it at The Worlds.

Early one morning, the girls were all rehearsing. The Worlds were a month away, so they needed all the time they could get.
The Bellas had been keeping an eye out for any sign that Beca and Chloe were together, but apart from their normal flirtatious conversations, they didn't see or hear anything.

'After rehearsals, could we hang out for a while?'

'Sure, any reason why?', Chloe asked Beca.

'We've been so busy doing things, we haven't had much time alone. I'm not working tonight either'

Chloe touched Beca's arm.

'Okay, how about we get some snacks and have a day watching trashy TV?'

'Sounds fine to me'

Stacie overheard their conversation and whispered to Fat Amy.

'If that's not an invitation to make out, I don't know what is'

At the end of rehearsals, Chloe and Beca headed off together to stop at the grocery store for ice cream.
Carrying a large tub of ice cream, they came home, grabbed spoons, and went straight to Chloe's room, passing some studying Bellas.

The brunette sat herself up on her friend's bed and opened a tub of cookie dough ice cream. Chloe switched on her TV and then sat next to Beca.

'You can have the first spoonful', Beca offered, holding out a spoon.

'You're too kind'

They got halfway through the tub, and decided that it was enough for now, so Beca put it to one side.

'Aren't you going to put it in the freezer?', Chloe questioned.

'I can't really be bothered'

Chloe gave her a look.

'Okay, fine. I'll be back in a second'

The brunette took the ice cream to the kitchen and asked the Bellas how their studying was going.

'Fine thanks. What are you and Chloe doing?', Stacie wondered.

'Oh, just spending some time together watching TV'

'Have fun, stay safe', Stacie winked. A few of the Bellas had started teasing and making sexual innuendos ever since that night.

'You too, Stace. Say hi to Josh for me', Beca quipped. Josh was an embarrassing ex of Stacie's.

When Beca got back to Chloe's room, she couldn't help but melt at the sight she saw. The redhead was wrapped up in a blanket with a soft expression on her face.

'Why are you so adorable all the time?', Beca startled Chloe, who hadn't noticed her return, 'I didn't mean to make you jump'

She made her way over to Chloe's side of the bed, leant over and hugged her.

'Aww. Do you want to share my blanket?'

'Stupid question', Beca said as she climbed over her and lifted the blanket up her body.

Chloe looked at her best friend out of the corner of her eye.

'If you're going to stare at me, at least be less obvious', Beca said, putting an arm around her. She pulled her close.

'Can I kiss you?', Chloe asked.

'I've been wanting you to say that for about an hour'

The redhead tilted her head up, and Beca lowered hers to meet Chloe's lips. Beca moved so that she was now leaning over her body. Her hand fell from Chloe's hair, to her collarbone, then over her chest, to her waistband.
She paused before slipping it under the redhead's shirt. The skin of her abs was soft and toned, and both girls felt electric.

Beca stopped.

'Is this okay?', she asked, suddenly aware that they hadn't been this far yet.

Instead of replying, Chloe grabbed Beca's hand and brought it back under her shirt. The brunette skimmed over her skin before reaching her bra. She teased her hand over it, then ran her fingers back down Chloe's torso. Chloe had had enough.

She rolled Beca over onto her back, leaning over her. Lowering her hips to meet Beca's, she proceeded to kiss her neck, getting more and more aggressive. Stifling a moan and biting her lip, Beca couldn't stop her hips from raising in ecstasy.

'Chlo...'

The redhead left a lingering kiss on Beca's lips.

Chloe moved a hand over Beca's shirt, groping. The brunette's eyes rolled back and she hooked her arms around Chloe's neck.

Knock knock.

The girls jumped apart and patted at their hair.

'Can I come in? I need to borrow your charger, Chloe', Stacie asked through the door.

'Yeah, come in', Chloe sounded slightly husky.

Stacie walked in, grabbed the charger and then glanced at the sight on the mattress. The girls had rosy cheeks and a guilty look in their eyes. Stacie again winked at Beca before shutting the door behind her.

'So...that was close', the short girl said.

'We're still not telling people, right?'

'Not for a while. I'm still kind of getting used to this'

'What if they did find out?', Chloe questioned.

'Well it would be awkward at first, but I like you so...I guess it would be cool', Beca noticed that she had let her guard down, 'Unless that's not what this is, which is...totally fine'.

She looked away from Chloe and sat up straight.

'I've liked you since I met you. This is definitely more than just fooling around', Chloe told her.

'Well I'm glad about that', Beca smiled innocently, still not looking at her friend.

The taller girl held her hand. Beca finally grinned at Chloe and then pulled her into a hug.

'We can keep it to ourselves for a while though', Chloe said into Beca's hair.
-------------------------------
At rehearsals the day after, the atmosphere had changed. In place of the flirtatious aura around Chloe and Beca, there was a genuine, warm feeling. Instead of Beca jokingly poking her friend in the ribs, or slapping her behind, she was blushing when the redhead complimented her singing, and they hugged more. The Bellas were happy and relaxed, but still wanted to mess with the two girls.

So, the next day, they made a plan.

At rehearsals, a Bella always tried to stand in between Beca and Chloe, and when they went out for dinner that evening, the two were made to sit at opposite ends of the table. On movie night, Fat Amy sat next to Chloe and Beca ended up on the floor next to Lily. It was obvious that they liked each other- they made eyes at one another the whole time.