Chapter Twenty Four

It was the evening that Beca was due to arrive at Chloe's. The redhead was feeling extremely anxious, but excited. However, this was all ruined when she received a text from Beca:

-I'm so, so sorry. My flight has been delayed and the next one available is on Monday...I'm at work on Monday :( x-

Chloe felt a great sadness come over her. She had been waiting to see the alt girl for a whole month, and now she would have to wait even longer.

Or so she thought.

Just as she was typing a reply, the brunette silently opened the door of the apartment, and crept towards the figure sat on the sofa with her back to her.

'Surprise!'

'Holy h- oh my god!', Chloe exclaimed, turning around to see her friend.

'What about your flight?'

'That was a little white lie', Beca replied.

'Well, do I get a hug?', Chloe asked.

Beca leaned over the sofa and wrapped her arms around her neck.

After their greeting, the two unpacked Beca's suitcase.

'I have something to show you', the taller girl said whilst putting the last of her clothes away.

'What is it?'

Chloe stood and gestured for Beca to follow her into the lounge. The brunette sat on the sofa, and Chloe joined her- along with a book.

'I got some photos developed to keep in an album', the redhead told her, 'An album of the Worlds'

Interested, Beca turned the cover over. There, she saw a photo of the whole group stood by the entrance of the competition grounds.

'We look like we're collectively shitting our pants', Beca remarked.

'We don't look that bad', Chloe laughed.

The next page held an image of Fat Amy giving Legacy a piggy back.

'Aww', the brunette said, before receiving a raised eyebrow from her friend, 'I have a heart', she added.

The following pictures were from the rehearsals and the performance, (taken by someone in the audience). They even had images of numerous groups that they were competing against. Then, the girls reached a special photo.

Beca and Chloe grew quiet and still. The brunette gently bit her lip, then cleared her throat.

'It's a nice picture', she said softly.

The picture was of Beca holding Chloe up, Chloe's legs around her waist, and her head buried in her shoulder.

'I remember that so clearly', the redhead whispered.

Suddenly, the house phone began to rang, and Chloe got up to answer it. Beca thought that it was an appropriate time to get changed into her bed clothes in the bathroom.

Returning to the lounge in PJs, Beca asked her friend who was on the phone.

'Oh just my aunt. She likes to check on me'

The brunette rested on the sofa whilst tying her hair into a bun.

'Let me know if the sofa isn't comfortable enough. You can have my bed, and I'll stay in here- I don't mind', Chloe said, heading to her room to get changed too.

'Don't be ridiculous. The sofa is fine for me. Thank you for letting me stay'

'Thank you for coming here in the first place', Chloe smiled.
-----------
The girls had been enjoying a cocktail when they decided that it was time to go to sleep.