Chapter Twenty Two

The lyrics in this chapter are that of
'She won't let me in', Beca told Aubrey.

'She gets like that when she's down'

Aubrey and Beca had met each other in a café; the brunette was desperate for advice.

'I just want to help her', Beca said softly.

'I know, but if something really affects her, she doesn't let anyone know. She thinks she has to be shiny, happy Chloe all the time'

Aubrey took a sip of her coffee, and Beca fiddled with the corner of the menu on the table.

'I don't need her to be shiny and happy all the time...I just need her'

The blonde placed a hand on Beca's.

'She'll come around. She always does', she said, 'Especially for girls with ear monstrosities and sarcastic tendencies'
----------------
Beca rang Ms Robinson when she arrived home from the café. Ms Robinson told her the same thing she always did:

'She still doesn't feel up to seeing anyone, sorry, darling'

Beca would be DJing at a club that night, so she was looking forward to the distraction. Grabbing her rucksack, she started to pack for the night ahead.

Just think about the music, Becs, she thought, She'll come around
-----------
The DJ made her way to the booth through the crowds of people. The atmosphere was hot, sticky, and loud.
Sitting in the desk chair, she flicked some switches, and plugged her laptop into a socket.

'Let's go', she said under her breath.

With the touch of a finger, her mix started to blare out through the speakers, and the club-goers were loving it already. Beca shut her eyes for a moment, taking it all in- the lights, the sounds, the people.

She wished that a certain someone was there with her.
-------------------------------------------
'Chloe, we need to talk'

Ms Robinson had walked into her niece's room with a laundry basket, which she dumped on her bed before sitting next to it.

'What's wrong?'

Chloe was under the covers, getting ready to go to sleep.

'You need to stop shutting yourself away. It's been three weeks'

The redhead avoided her aunt's gaze.

'Beca rings me every single day because she worries about you so much'

'She shouldn't worry. I'm okay', Chloe said quietly.

'She cares about you, Chlo, and so do I'

Ms Robinson leaned over the laundry basket to place a hand on the girl's arm.

'Your mum will be okay- she's getting better. It won't hurt to stop thinking about her for a short while to see your girlfriend', she told her gently.

Chloe held her aunt's hand.

'What if she doesn't want to be with me because I'm...sad all the time'

'Don't be silly. As I said, she rings every single day to see how you are', Ms R said, 'She loves you more than anything in the world'

'Maybe I'm ready to see her', Chloe whispered.
--------------------------
Beca's set had finished, and she was very pleased about how well-received it was. Knowing that she had nowhere else to be, she decided to grab a drink at the bar.

'Vodka and coke, please'

She gave the bartender the money and was handed her drink.

'Thanks'