Chapter Ten

3 weeks until the big day. The girls had been rehearsing for what felt like 48 hours straight. The worst thing of all was that Beca was expected at the recording studio that evening, and she felt like her legs were dropping off.

'Why don't you just tell them that The Worlds are coming up and you're tired?', Chloe tried.

'Because this is important to me too. I can handle it, I promise', Beca said as she gave Chloe a hug goodbye.

Chloe felt sad that her friend had to leave, because all she wanted to do was fall asleep with her. Beca wanted the same, but knew that she had to go to work. Once she had left, Chloe and the other Bellas went straight to bed.
-----------------------------------------
Chloe woke up to a kiss on her forehead. It was just after midnight.

'Hey, sleepyhead', Beca whispered as she pushed the hair back from Chloe's face.

'Hey. What are you doing in here?'

'I was going to go to bed, but then I wanted to see you, so here I am'

'You need your rest though', Chloe reasoned, although she was smiling inside.

'Can I rest with you?'

The redhead nodded.

'I'll get my PJs on first'

'Won't that wake everyone if you keep walking around?', Chloe croaked.

'I brought them in my bag because I knew I wanted to see you after work', Beca said nonchalently.

Chloe's heart grew two sizes.

In the corner of the room, Beca unpacked her pyjama shorts and shirt from her backpack and threw them on. Out of respect, Chloe tried not to stare, but found it hard not to. She peeled back the covers to let Beca underneath and then brought them back up so that they were cosy.

The brunette cuddled Chloe so that she was the 'big spoon'. She sighed on her shoulder.

'I wish you could stay in here every night', the ginger told her.

'I love staying in here with you, but normally I don't like to wake you up after I come home late'

'So how come you woke me up tonight?', Chloe said, looking back over her shoulder.

'I really wanted to see you', Beca said, kissing the back of her neck.

'Oh, I see', Chloe teased.

'Not for that reason. I just wanted to hold you and fall asleep'

The redhead couldn't believe how sweet Beca was being. No one had ever treated her like this without expecting something in return. She rolled over to face Beca and hugged her tight, her arms around her neck. She badly wanted to kiss her, (amongst other things), but was curious to see if the brunette would really go the night without trying it on. It made a change for her to be the one with her guard up, but she hadn't felt like this about anyone before.

'Night, Chlo', Beca whispered. She kissed Chloe's forehead and detached herself from her friend.

'Goodnight, Becs'

After a few minutes, the short girl was sleeping. Chloe felt lucky to have her.
---------------------------------
Beca was busy packing supplies onto the bus. The Bellas had a rare free day, so Beca had arranged a trip to the beach as a surprise.
Hearing the noise from downstairs, Fat Amy and Stacie approached her to ask what she was doing.

'I thought that we could go on a trip. It's a surprise'

'Are we going to another one of Aubrey's bootcamps?', Amy sighed.