Chapter Seventeen

It was time for Beca to DJ at the club. She was very anxious indeed. This club was a big deal.

Arriving at Ms. Robinson's to pick up her date, she tried to distract herself from panicking. Chloe did a great job of distracting her with her oufit alone. She was wearing a light, blue shirt, (sleeves rolled up), with a black skirt; Chloe made the most simple of outfits look flawless.

Chloe sensed Beca's panic, and brought her in for a hug.

'Please don't stress. You'll be amazing'
-------------
When they walked into the club, Beca brought Chloe up to the DJ booth. It was enclosed and private.

It took Beca a while to get over her nerves, but when she did, the music was even better, and the club-goers enjoyed it even more. Chloe was stood behind her, her hands on her shoulders. Beca took one hand and kissed it.

'I'm so proud of you', the redhead told her.

The DJ smiled, 'Thank you for being here'
-----------------
Beca's set was finished, so Chloe led Beca down to the dance floor, and then covered over her eyes.

'What are you doing? I can't see what's going on'

'Surprise!'

Stood in front of the brunette was all of the Bellas. Beca rushed over to hug every one of them.

'I didn't know you guys were coming!', she said.

'That was kind of the point', Fat Amy laughed.

The girls complimented Beca's set, and then drinks were passed around. It was time to get their groove on.

'Bump 'N' Grind' blasted through the club speakers. Instantaneously, Beca and Stacie grinded their hips. Chloe couldn't help but stand behind Beca, watching, and soon the brunette was grinding against her girlfriend. Things were heating up, so more drinks were ordered.

Before long, the Bellas were very drunk.

'You- you know the outfit? The ouuuufitt', Beca slurred into Chloe's ear.

'What are you talking about?'

Beca touched Chloe's arm and leaned closer.

'The maid one'

The redhead laughed hysterically.

'I took it home...and I'm g-gonna show you it one day'

'I hope so', Chloe said, biting Beca's ear.

'Keep it PG, kids!', Cynthia shouted, slapping Beca on the back.
--------------
Beca and Chloe stumbled through Ms Robinson's front door.

'Chloe, is that you?', the woman called from the lounge.

The redhead hobbled into the lounge, being propped up by her girlfriend.

'Ah, I was going to ask you if you had a good evening, but I think I know the answer'

'You're the best, Ms R', Beca said.

'Thank you, I know', the woman laughed.

'I can see why Ch-Chloe is so perfect. She has your per-perfect genes'

Chloe's aunt cackled.

'I'll help you two up to your room'

Ms Robinson carefully led the girls up the stairs and into Chloe's room.

'Thank you, Aunty R. I love you', Chloe said, planting a kiss on her cheek.

'You're so lovely sometimes'

'It's because Beca's my maid. She keeps me main-mai-maintained'

Her aunt tried to figure out what she meant by that. Eventually she came to the conclusion that it was probably a sexual inside joke, and screwed her face up.

'Goodnight, girls. Shout to me if you're sick', she said as she left the room.
---------------------
The following morning, Beca and Chloe came downstairs in their robes.

'I made you girls pancakes', Ms Robinson said while plating them up.

'Thank you so much, Ms R', Beca replied.

The girls sat at the table with Chloe's aunt.

'So you two had a good time last night', the woman smiled into a cup of coffee.

'We're not having such a good time this morning', Chloe moaned, rubbing her temples, 'I do remember that Beca was amazing though', she added.

Beca thanked her, and they both took a mouthful of pancake from their plate.

'Did we do anything embarrassing?', Beca asked as she finished swallowing.

'Nothing much. You were acting weird though, Chlo'

'What did I do?', the redhead questioned.

'You kept telling me you loved me- actually, Beca, you did that too- and then you made some comment about Beca being your maid', she answered, rolling her eyes.

'Your maid? What?', the brunette said.

'Oh, you don't understand it either?', said Ms Robinson.

Suddenly, it dawned on Chloe what she had been referring to.

'Oh my god!'

'What?', her aunt asked.

'Um, nothing...I just got a cramp', Chloe told her, awkwardly.

Ms Robinson and Beca exchanged looks of confusion, then continued to eat.
------------------
'Are you feeling better?'

'What?'

'Are your cramps better?', Beca asked.

'Oh...yeah thank you', Chloe answered.

'Okay, what were you actually saying "Oh my god" to at the table?', Beca smirked, knowing that Chloe was lying about having cramps.

'I had a bad cramp'

'Tell me! I know when you're lying'

Beca and Chloe were now in Chloe's room, nursing their hangovers. Chloe hesitated before she told her girlfriend the truth.

'Well...last night...you told me about the um...maid costume'

Beca looked up at the ceiling in deep thought.

'You said', Chloe continued, 'That you took it home with you after the sleepover...and you were going to-'

Beca's eyes widened in realisation, 'I was going to put it on for you'

The redhead nodded. A moment passed.

'So...do you really have it at home?'

'Chlo!', Beca playfully threw a pillow at her in mock disgust.

'Just curious', Chloe looked pleased with herself.