Chapter Thirty

Beca had finished work earlier than expected, and was now approaching the front door of her house. Chloe meanwhile was tucked up in bed and asleep.

It was about two in the morning, so the brunette turned the key as quietly as she could in the lock. Each and every creak of the door opening was agony to her ears as she tried not to make a noise. Stepping into the kitchen, she tip-toed to the sink to get a glass of water, using her phone light as her guide.

CLINK

She took the glass from the cupboard.

SSSSH DRIP DRIP DRIP

The water filled the glass, and Beca downed it in one.
-----------------------------------------
Chloe sat up straight in bed; she could have sworn she heard something.

Oh my god, what the hell do I do?, she thought to herself.

Grabbing her phone, she began to type a text to Beca, but she was distracted by another noise from downstairs.

'Okay, time to be a grown up, Chloe', she said aloud, almost crying.

Slowly, she crawled out of bed and took the torch out of her bedside drawer- preparing to use it as a weapon rather than a light source. Biting her lip, she silently moved downstairs.
------------------
Beca was now stood in the lounge, trying to search for a snack in her backpack. Her phone screen wasn't offering much clarity, but she didn't want to turn the main light on in case it woke Chloe up, (it was extremely bright).

At the same time, the redhead had gotten to the bottom of the staircase, and was creeping towards the kitchen.

THUD

Beca dropped her phone on the floor, and was about to pick it up when she heard a sudden rush of heavy footsteps come from the kitchen.

Chloe?, she wondered.

BANG

Chloe had tackled Beca to the ground, and was slapping her body.

'Getoutofmyhousegetoutofmyhousegetoutofmyhouse', the girl shouted, still slapping away.

'Oh my god, Chlo! It's me!', Beca shouted back, winded and slightly hurt.

Suddenly the hitting stopped, and Chloe ran to the light switch. She saw Beca lying down on the floor; her jaw dropped and she began to cry.

'Oh no, I'm so-I'm so sorry. I thought you were-'

'It's okay, Chlo. It's my fault', Beca winced, clutching her side.

The redhead rushed over and kissed her all over her face, apologising after each one.

'I'm really, really sorry'

'Stop apologising. I should have told you that I was coming home', the brunette said, 'Now come here and hug me'

Chloe took the invitation, leaning over her, gently hugging. Beca rubbed her back to calm her down, as she was still upset.

'Are you hurt?', Chloe asked.

'I've only got a little internal bleeding. I'm sure it'll be fine', the DJ replied sarcastically.

Her girlfriend looked at her- horrified, open-mouthed.

'I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I'm fine, Chlo- just a bit winded'

'Don't joke about that'

'Sorry', Beca said, tucking a hair behind the girl's ear, 'Fancy helping me upstairs?'

The redhead nodded, then stood up, offering a hand to her girlfriend. Steadily, Beca raised to her feet, and had her arm propped around Chloe's shoulder.