Chapter Thirty Seven

Chloe and Beca had been out celebrating the fact that they had been together for four months. They had just come home from having a meal with a few of Chloe's work friends, and unfortunately, they were now arguing.

'Oh come on! It was obvious!'

'Beca, I literally have no idea what you're talking about'

Beca threw her keys on the table, then paced over to the sink to get a glass of water, slamming her glass onto the counter.

'You know exactly what I'm talking about- you were flirting with him all evening', she said after taking a gulp of her drink.

'I wasn't flirting! I was being friendly- he's new and I wanted to welcome him!', Chloe replied, raising her voice slightly.

'You definitely welcomed him'

'Don't talk to me like that', the redhead said, trying to stay calm, 'You know I would never do anything like that- especially not in front of you'

'Oh, whatever, Chloe'

'Great argument. I'm going to bed', Chloe huffed before going straight upstairs.

Beca finished her glass of water, then stormed into the lounge, throwing a blanket over herself. She put on a pair of headphones and lost herself in a mix.
----------
It had been a few hours since they had argued, and neither of the girls had managed to sleep apart from each other.

Beca had been tossing and turning on the sofa for at least an hour after she had switched off her laptop, and Chloe had been too. The brunette decided to get herself a glass of milk just after 1am, and tried to stay as silent as possible when she rifled through the cupboards and the fridge. However, she wasn't quiet enough, and Chloe came tip-toeing downstairs, into the kitchen.

'Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you', the brunette apologised in a small voice.

'It's okay. I haven't been able to sleep for hours anyway'

'Neither have I. It's too humid down here'

'It's kind of humid in our room too'

Beca took a swig of her drink, then asked:

'Do you want to sit outside for a few minutes?...To cool off?'

'Sure'

The DJ grabbed her leather jacket, next passing Chloe her parka. The two ventured into the back garden, sitting on a bench at the end of it.
Taking a breath of the fresh, but not cold air, both were glad to be outside. It was clearing their minds.

'I'm sorry', Chloe said in a hushed tone.

'I'm sorry too'

'I wasn't intentionally flirting with him...I don't mean to come across as flirtatious as I do sometimes'

'I know', Beca replied, biting her lip and looking down at her knees in guilt, 'It's just that I've never known someone to be so friendly to everyone they meet like you are'

'I like to give people a chance before I judge them', Chloe answered, 'Because you never know how important they're going to be'

Beca's heart just about melted.

'I am sorry though, Becs. I shouldn't have acted like that', the ginger continued sincerely.

Beca searched for Chloe's hand on the bench, then gave it a squeeze.

'I know you'd never act on anything', she told her girlfriend.

'Still', Chloe said, 'I need to hold myself back sometimes...I can be a little too much'

The Right Timeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें