Chapter Twenty

BUZZ BUZZ

Chloe's alarm vibrated loudly on her bedside table.

BUZZ BU-

Chloe quickly turned it off and crept out of bed to get dressed for work.

'Chlo?', Beca croaked.

It was the morning after they had made up. It was 7am.

'Sorry, Beca- I didn't mean to wake you. I'll try to be as quiet as possible'

Beca groaned.

'Sorry...I'll go and get changed in the downstairs bathroom', Chloe said as she grabbed her clothes.

'I'm not mad at being woken up- I'm bummed out that you have to work today', Beca said, rubbing her eyes.

'Oh', Chloe smiled, 'I wish I didn't have to leave you here either'

'Could I stay here today to finish some mixes?'

'Sure thing. Will you be here when I come home?'

'Maybe I will...maybe I won't...I am a woman of mystery', Beca teased, even though she still sounded half asleep.

The redhead giggled while she reached for her handbag, hooking her clothes for the day over the handle.

'Cuddle before you go?', Beca yawned.

Chloe strolled over to the brunette's outstretched arms and held her tight. She kissed her forehead before saying goodbye and heading to the bathroom.

Beca fell asleep as soon as she left the room.
---------------------------
It was the afternoon, and Ms Robinson was chatting to Beca in the kitchen.

'So I can merge these tracks together and it will sound like this...', the brunette said as she pressed play on her laptop, letting the first few bars ring out of the speakers.

'Oh...I like that! You're very talented'

Ms Robinson was being shown by Beca how to mix tracks. She was genuinely fascinated and impressed.

'Thank you'

'Ooh that sounds like a theme tune of a TV programme I used to love', Ms R told the DJ.

'I think...I think I know the one you mean', Beca said, searching it on Google as she spoke.

'Yes that's the one!'

'I think my dad used to watch that one too'

Chloe's aunt picked up the laundry basket next to her chair.

'It was a great show. Anyway, I'm going to do some laundry now'

'Would you like me to help?'

'Oh of course not. I can't stop you from honing your talent, can I?', Ms R laughed.

'You're a saint', Beca said.
--------------------------------------
'Ms R, could you come in here for a minute please?'

Ms Robinson walked into the living room and sat next to Beca on the sofa.

'What's up?'

'I...made you something'

Beca passed the lady a pair of headphones and pressed play.

A few seconds in, Ms R said, 'Oh wow. This is so amazing!

The pair were too busy listening to- and talking about- the music that they didn't notice Chloe come home from work.
Once the song had ended, Ms R gave Beca an excited hug and thanked her again- along with some more compliments.