Chapter Thirty Two

'We're here!'

Chloe was brimming with excitement as she entered the funfair grounds. She pulled Beca along by her arm; Beca couldn't possibly be less excited.

'What are we going on first, girls?', Mrs B asked- her face full of anticipation.

'How about a bus heading back home?', Beca said under her breath.

'Ooh this one!', the redhead exclaimed, not hearing the remark.

She ran up to the first ride that caught her eye- it was one that span you around in circles whilst moving backwards and forwards, inwards and outwards. Chloe's eyes widened at it.

'Let's go!', she squealed.

'I'm uhh...I'm gonna go to the bathroom- I'll come back for the next one', Beca said, looking up apprehensively at the ride.

'I told you that you should have gone before we came!', Chloe teased, 'Come on, mom', she added, skipping over to the huge machine with her mother.

The truth is, Beca didn't need the bathroom at all. She also didn't hate fairgrounds purely because she thought they were a big cliché, (this was the second reason she hated them).

She hated fairgrounds because she was petrified of the rides.

The thought of being thrown up into the air without the promise of 100% safety, and the feeling of being spun at 100mph- losing complete control- made her feel sick to her stomach.

While Chloe and her mum were on the death trap, she decided to have a quick walk around the fair to calm down. How was she going to avoid the rides all day? How many excuses could she come up with before being dragged onto one?

Before she knew it, Chloe came up beside her, taking her hand.

'Oh, hey...I was totally just taking the scenic route to the bathroom', she rambled.

'That was so much fun!', the redhead replied, smiling widely and swinging their arms as they walked.

'Ooh look, let's have a go on this', Mrs Beale suggested, catching up alongside the girls.

She was pointing to a game in which you had to throw a basketball into a moving hoop five times to win a prize.

'You can never win on those, mom'

Beca approached the stall, and got her game-face on.

'I bet you that I can win on this', she told Chloe.

'Alright, you're on', Chloe smirked.

The brunette paid the guy running the game, grabbed the first basketball, and focused ahead of her. Bending her knees slightly, and keeping her eyes on the hoop, she threw the ball.

It went through the net.

'Beginner's luck', Mrs Beale said, nudging her daughter.

Beca threw another. It went in. And another. That one landed it too.

'Becs...', Chloe said, impressed.

Then, after two more throws, the game had been one, and Beca was being asked to pick a prize.

'You can pick it for me, Chlo', she smiled, 'A consolation prize for the loser of the bet', she winked.

Chloe picked out a regular-sized light brown bear with a pink heart on its stomach.

'I was hoping you'd pick a huge bear that you'd have to carry around all day like you're an overgrown child', Beca remarked.

'Sucks to be you, then'