Chapter Thirty Three

'Tell me'

'No! My god, you're bad at waiting for surprises sometimes'

Beca and Chloe were tucked up in bed. The brunette had just arrived home from work, and had made the mistake of telling Chloe she had a suprise planned for their three month anniversary.

'Please tell me! I'll give you a really big cuddle', Chloe begged.

'I can get cuddles whenever I want anyway'

'No you can't. I don't just hand out cuddles to anyone'

Beca rolled onto her side to face Chloe, then placed her hand on the redhead's hip, playing with the corner of her blue flannel shirt.
Leaning forward, she kissed the girl's nose.

'Can I have a cuddle please?', she asked.

Without even contemplating it, Chloe wrapped her arms around Beca's neck and snuggled her head into her brown hair.

'This surprise better be good', she told the DJ.

'I think you'll love it', Beca replied, giving her a warm squeeze.
-------------
It was the day of their three month anniversary, and both girls were at work. Chloe had to stay behind at the school for a meeting until eight, whilst Beca was working on some tracks in a studio until half seven.

-It's killing me being here, knowing that you've got a surprise for me...x-

Chloe was messaging her girlfriend during the kid's break time.

Beca smiled as she typed a
reply:

-I'll tell you what it is- it's a big box of puppies and rainbows x-

-God I hope you're being serious x-
---------------
One hour before Beca was due to leave the studio, she sent Chloe a text.

-Text me when you're at least 15mins away please x-

-Ooh okay. I'm so excited!!x-

When it was finally time to leave, the DJ packed up her things and rushed to her car. She was looking forward to treating her girlfriend, although she wasn't sure how she would react to what she had planned. Turning on the radio, she drowned herself in thoughts of how the evening could go.

What if she doesn't find it funny? Nah, she's got a good sense of humour. What if she doesn't find it...hot? What if she laughs in my face? Tells everyone how ridiculously un-romantic my gestures are? Oh shut up. Shut up. It. Will. Be. Fine.
-------
-Hey, I'm 20mins away x-

Beca saw the message from Chloe, then continued to get herself ready. She was stood in front of the bathroom mirror, tying her hair up into a bun and tidying up her eyeliner. She dabbed carefully at the corners of her eyes and tucked a couple of stray hairs behind her ears. Reaching for her toothbrush and the bottle of mouthwash next to the sink, she cleaned her teeth.

-Just under 10mins away...x-

Beca quickly went into her bedroom for the perfume Chloe liked her to wear the most; she spritzed it on her neck and wrists.

Returning to the bathroom, she sat in wait on the sink countertop.
------------------
Beca heard the sound of keys rattling in the door, then immediately stood up. Taking a breath, she let her bathrobe fall to the floor, then stepped into the shower.

'I'm home, Becs', Chloe called out as she climbed the stairs.

As she stepped into her room, she noticed a note on the chest of drawers that said:

'Chloe,

Get undressed, then I'll tell you where I am.

Beca'