Chapter Seven

The sun had set and the girls were gathered around a crackling campfire.

'I thought that I could handle it myself'

'You should have just told us. We're always going to be there for you', Chloe replied to Beca. The Bellas were talking about Beca's internship.

'I know, I just don't find it easy to open up about stuff', Beca explained.

More s'mores were hovered over the flames.

'I wish I could be a real Bella like you guys- not a Legacy, a Bella', Emily admitted out of the blue.

The Bellas all chimed in with a chorus of, 'You are a real Bella'.

'It's for life', Beca smiled, 'Hey, we could work together on something at the studio'

'For real?', Emily was ecstatic.

Beca felt slightly uncomfortable about appearing to be such a softie, so replied with a small nod.

'Wow! Thank you so much!'

Chloe's heart was melting at the exchange between innocent Emily and badass Beca. She decided to make her own confession.

'I've been really scared to graduate. This has been my life for so long that I don't know how I'll cope without it'

'It's a scary step, Chloe, but if I hadn't taken that step, I wouldn't be running this camp. You have to move on someday', Aubrey told her.

Chloe took the advice in.

'Yeah, you're right. Okay, I will graduate and follow my dreams, whatever they may be'

Then, Cynthia Rose, sensing the lighter mood, chose to tell the group that she was getting married in Maine and that they were all invited.

'I've always wanted to go to a lesbian wedding', Fat Amy said.

The Bellas awaited a punch line. Fat Amy looked around, confused at the silence.

'I'm serious, it's a beautiful occasion'

The Bellas faces softened.

Lilly then told the group about her plans to travel through time, although, yet again, she didn't speak loudly enough.

'I'm going to remember you weirdos for the rest of my life, you know. The performances are fun, don't get me wrong, but you guys are the best people I've ever met, and ever will meet', Beca spoke, after a moment of hesitation.

Chloe glanced towards her friend and then at her lap. Her heart beat fast as she thought about what she was going to do.

'I got my ticket for the long way 'round', she sang, her words wavering.

Beca met her eyes and continued, 'Two bottle whiskey for the way'

Soon, everyone had joined in. They were in harmony.

For Beca and Chloe however, it felt like they were the only two people there.
For the first time, Beca felt the chemistry and electricity between her and the redhead. It was thrilling and new. It was confusing, but completely right. Chloe was beautiful- how had she not appreciated it like this before?

The only time she had ever been close to this euphoric feeling was when the group were singing a mash up of 'Just The Way You Are' and 'Just a Dream'. She couldn't help but stare at Chloe for the whole thing.

The singing stopped.

Stacie, Fat Amy and the others exchanged looks. They were all watching the way that Chloe and Beca were transfixed by the other one's eyes.