Chapter Thirty Six

'Morning weirdos', Beca yawned as she joined everyone outside of the ten, sitting in the seat next to her girlfriend. It was the last day of their camping trip.

'Morning', Chloe replied, recieving a kiss on the cheek from Beca.

'You must have a ton of work to do when you get home, Chloe', Emily said as she tucked into her bowl of cereal.

'I finished all my lesson plans before I started packing to come here', the redhead said proudly.

'Chloe and I were the most organised students that Barden ever had', Aubrey stated.

Beca confirmed this, then grabbed a box of cereal from the middle of the circle of chairs.

'Aubrey was also the most scary student Barden ever had', Beca added.

'That was until Cynthia Rose came along and made a girl with tattoos and piercings jump by thumping her hand on a tent', Aubrey quipped.

Everyone, including Beca, couldn't help but laugh.
-----------------------
A few hours later, the girls had gone for a walk through the woods together. They stopped at a river, and proceeded to throw in some small pebbles and sticks.

'Oh my god, quit it!', Chloe shouted.

Beca was stood behind her, pushing her towards the water. She brought her right to the edge before letting go, giggling to herself. Then, as the brunette turned her back, Chloe nodded at the other Bellas, who in a split-second sweeped her off the floor and held her over the running river water.

'Okay okay I'm sorry- put me down!', Beca pleaded, arms and legs flailing.

'Put you down? Okay', Ashley replied.

The Bellas lowered the girl so that she was almost touching the deathly cold liquid beneath her.

'OH VERY FUNNY'

Laughing so hard that they had to catch their breath, everyone brought the girl back onto dry land.

'You guys are lucky that I don't have the time to get you back', the brunette remarked.

'Speaking of not having much time', Aubrey started, 'What are we doing for our last evening here?'

'Why don't we just go to the campsite bar?', said Chloe.

'It's probably full of boring, old, alcoholic men'

'Oh well. We'll have no competition at karaoke', Chloe joked.

'The bar it is then'
---------------------------
Dressed in slightly more presentable clothes, the girls were heading towards the campsite bar, all linking arms. As they opened the doors of the fairly quiet, country bar, they got a few looks from the punters.

'We fit in so well here', Beca said sarcastically.

Huddling over to a table in the corner of the room, everyone took a seat, then Cynthia Rose went back the bar to order drinks.

'Ooh they have karaoke, girls', Chloe said cheerily, gesturing towards the machine.

'It's like dead in here, Chlo. It would be embarrassing', Beca told her.

'When is karaoke not embarrassing?'

'Good point'

The brunette was called over to help Cynthia carry across the drinks, then returned to the table with her hands full.

'Who's staying sober?', Stacie wondered, noticing glasses of orange and lemonade.

'Emily, Beca and Lilly', Cynthia answered.