Chapter Forty Eight

'Thank you!', Chloe said as she was passed her mojito.

'No problem', Beca replied with a subtle smirk.

'Are you sure this is non-alcoholic?'

'Yeah, of course it is'

'Hm', Chloe shrugged her shoulders nonchalently and took another sip.

Thinking that she was drinking a virgin mojito, Chloe finished her glass pretty quickly- a few sips later in fact.

'Beca, could you get me another? They're so good', she asked, putting her empty glass on the table.

The brunette obeyed her orders and strolled over to the bar, feeling almost proud of her pranking skills.
------------------------------------------------------
'You know, Emily', Chloe announced, gesturing with her hands, 'You're like a daughter to me'

'Aw! You're like a second mom to me', Emily replied, giving her a hug across the table.

'I wouldn't trust what she's saying right now', Beca quipped.

Chloe had been getting progressively more and more drunk after the last two 'non-alcoholic drinks'. Seeing quite how drunk she was getting, Beca decided to stop her little game, and was buying her soft drinks instead. Initially, she didn't realise how easily Chloe had turned tipsy.

'I'm not tipsy', the redhead argued, 'I've been a good girl'

'Beca hasn't been a good girl', Sam said, raising her eyebrow at the brunette and smirking.

'What does that mean?'

Beca widened her eyes and gently shook her head- she was trying to tell Sam not to give the game away.

'Oh, um...I just meant that she forgot to say thank you...to the barman...last time', Sam mumbled.

Chloe seemed satisfied with that answer, and carried on drinking her soda.
--------
After a cosy evening in the bar, the girls thought that it was a good time to start heading home.

'Thanks for taking us out', Sam said to Chloe and Beca as they left the bar.

'I'd do anything for my Sammy', Chloe smiled, putting an arm around the young lady's waist.

'You're acting real tipsy, Mom', Emily said, looking over her shoulder as she led the way with Beca.

'No I'm not'

Just a second after she made that statement, she stumbled over the edge of a pathway; Sam steadied her until Beca asked if she was okay.

'I'm fffine...I'm fine', Chloe slurred.

'Chlo, those drinks weren't virgin', Beca admitted suddenly.

'What? Who's a virgin?', the redhead replied, squinting her eyes.

The girls stifled their laughs before the DJ offered her girlfriend a piggy back ride home.

'No, I'm okay, thank you. I love you though', Chloe smiled.

'Can I have a piggy back?', Emily asked cautiously, unsure of how aggressive the answer would be.

'You're not drunk', Beca said matter-of-factly.

'I know...But I really like piggy back rides, and I haven't had one since I was a kid'

'Come on, Beca- let her ride you', Chloe pleaded, earning lots of laughs from the group.

Rolling her eyes, Beca stopped in the middle of the pavement and leaned forward slightly. Wasting no time at all, Emily practically jumped onto the short girl's back with a wide grin of childish wonderment plastered over her face. Beca was visibly struggling to carry the Bella- her knees were bending at the strain of carrying the long, lanky legs. Nevertheless, she continued onwards, as there was only a little way left to walk.