Chapter Forty Two

One by one, vests were fastened, and heavy helmets were put on. There were rips of velcro as elbow and knee pads were attached to their respective positions, and gloves were pulled onto steady hands.

CLICK CLICK CLICK

The guns were cocked.

STAMP STAMP STAMP

Boots were put on.

'You're going down, Mitchell'

'No, I believe it's you that's going down, Beale'

The Bellas were suited and booted; they were about to play paintball in the woods. To say they were taking the upcoming game seriously would be an understatement- the death stares they were giving one another would be perfect proof. On one team was Chloe, Emily, Lily, Flo, and Jessica and Ashley. The other team consisted of Beca, Stacie, Aubrey, Cynthia Rose and Fat Amy.

Suddenly, an alarm sounded, and the teams rushed off to find cover. Beca found a large hedge to hide behind, meanwhile Chloe took shelter underneath a makeshift den.

'Pssst'

The brunette's eyes darted from side to side in an attempt to figure out where the noise was coming from.

'Pssssssst!'

Who the hell is doing that?, she thought to herself.

'Beca!', the voice whispered in a strained tone.

It was Aubrey.

The blonde swiftly and stealthily snuck over to the hedge, and looked Beca straight in the eye.

'What are you doing?', Beca asked.

'You are the Achilles heel of this team', Aubrey told her, her arms latched onto the small girl's shoulders.

'What are you talking a-'

'Focus! Now I know that you're going to take it easy on Chloe, so I'll take her instead. You can go for Flo. Flo is a similar height to you- you can sneak up on her'

'Did anyone ever tell you that you should have been in the army?'

'Yes. Everyone. All the time', Aubrey replied with a steely glare, 'Now tell me that you understand the plan'

'I understand the plan, Sir', Beca answered with a salute.

The blonde leader then scuttled off to her own hiding place, so the brunette decided that it was time to set out.
------------------------------------------------------
'Are you going to take it easy on Beca?'

'Well I'm not going to hurt her badly on purpose'

Flo was interrogating Chloe.

'That's where you are wrong', Flo told her, 'She won't expect you to shoot at her, so you definitely should. It will be the element of surprise'

'I'll shoot at her, but like, at her butt where it's padded', Chloe smiled sweetly.

'Díos mio...', Flo sighed.
------------------------------------
'OWWWWWW!', Fat Amy screamed in agony, 'I've been shot'

She had been shot by Lily, a sharp-shooter with a fantastic eye.

'Are you okay, Amy?', Beca questioned, jogging over to the girl.

Then, a paintball hit the tree beside her head.

Immediately ducking and clutching at her gun, she awaited another pellet.

And there it was.

Seeing a movement in the trees ahead of her sightline, she fired away without even thinking.