thirty

it was the last show of lauren's tour. after camila's death, lauren was able to finish the last three songs and go on tour. she figured life was too short to be on a break- she needed to live her life. 

it was time for the last song of the night and lauren was all sweaty from performing. "sadly, this is the last song of the night." lauren said into the microphone, an abrupt  of cheers came from the big crowd in front of her. "i'm gonna change it up tonight." she smiled. "as you guys may know, a long time ago, a really special person came into my life. she passed a few months ago, her name was camila." lauren laughed when they audience started cheering and yelling again. "um yeah," the singer licked her lips. "she was really special to me. i wrote this a while back and um, this one's for you, camz."

the crowed screamed at lauren once again as the music started playing.

"I've cried enough tears to see my own reflection in them," lauren's raspy voice sang. "and then it was clear, i can't deny, i really miss her." 

"To think that I was wrong

I guess you don't know what you got 'til it's gone

Pain is just a consequence of love

I'm sayin' sorry for the sake of us

He wasn't my everything 'til we were nothing

And it's taking me a lot to say

But now that he's gone, my heart is missing something

So it's time I push my pride away

'Cause you are

You are

You are my everything

You are

You are

You are my everything

I know you're not far but I still can't handle all the distance

You're travelling with my heart

I hope this is a temporary feeling

'Cause it's too much to bear

Without you and I know sorry ain't the cure

If I cross your mind just know I'm yours

'Cause what we got is worth fighting for

'Cause you are...

You weren't my everything 'til we were nothing

And it's taking me a lot to say

Now that you're gone, my heart is missing something

So it's time I push my pride away

You are, you are, you are my everything

You are, you are, you are my everything."

lauren finished singing to a silent arena. everyone decided it would be respectful to stay silent and turn their flash lights on while lauren sang. "yours forever." lauren said finally into the microphone after the silence, causing the crowd to cheer again.

out of the corner of lauren's eye, she saw camila standing there with a huge smile on her face. "i'm so proud of you." she mouthed.

lauren smiled and looked down for a second, then looked back up at the ceiling like she always did after every concert. she blew a kiss up to the sky to the stranger she once loved and walked off the stage.

(( theres another chapter after this fyi ))