twenty two

the award show was in five hours. dinah begged her best friend to help her get ready instead of having lauren's team do it.

camila sat in a light pink bath robe that her mom got her one year for her birthday while dinah plugged in the flat iron. she played with her fingers, not sure on what to do.

"so um, my nose started bleeding a few weeks ago, and it hasn't stopped since." camila told what she had been aching to say.

dinah dropped the flat iron in her hand, placing it on the towel next to her. "does this mean?-"

brown eyes shrugged. "i don't know what this means."

dinah picked up the flat iron again, sectioning off her friend's hair. "are you gonna tell lauren?"

camila rolled her eyes. "why would i tell lauren? especially on the biggest night of her life?"

dinah huffed, pulling the iron down on the hair. "she has a right to know, mila. you can't keep this from her."

"i know," the brunette sighed. "but everything's going so good right now. i'm finally happy."

dinah smiled knowing how happy the singer made her best friend, but she wasn't too happy with the decisions she was making. of course she'd tell lauren herself, but she's respecting her best friends wishes by keeping quiet.

"so," dinah figured it was time to change topics. "nervous?"

camila nodded. "extremely." she laughed. "i just hope lauren wins."

"of course she will. that girl is hella talented."

a while later, dinah finally finished her hair, completely satisfied.

"okay, now time for your dress!" dinah had yet to see it and was extremely excited by the way camila described it to her when she picked it out.

camila hurried to her closet, fishing out the dress, obviously proud on what she picked. "ta-da!" she showed her friend.

dinah's eyes looked around the room to make sure there weren't any cameras, and that this was a joke. "that's your dress?" she said in a hint of disgust.

camila grinned. "yup! do you like it?"

the taller girl's eyes widened as her lips pulled back into a grimace. "honestly, no."

camila's smiled disappeared. she looked back and forth between the dress and her friend. "what? why not?"

"it looks like the designer couldn't figure out which pattern to use and decided to use all of them instead." she said truthfully. "you look like a couch."

camila rolled her eyes. "whatever, i think it's cute and i'm wearing it."

dinah put her hands up in defense, "alright, but don't come crying to me when the magazines trash you for looking like a couch."

camila rolled her eyes once more before going into her bathroom to change. while she was zipping up her dress, she noticed her screen suddenly turn on.

lauren

hey beautiful, i'll be at your house to pick you up in about 20 minutes or so.

camila responded back with a 'k'. she smirked to herself, knowing how much that annoyed lauren.

lauren was a little early than she said she was. which made camila panic because dinah wasn't finished with her makeup.

"hold still, damn!" dinah scolded her wobbly friend.

"lauren's waiting, i gotta go!" camila whined.