twenty seven

over the weeks, camila felt herself becoming weaker. she looked tired all the time; even when she did nothing.

"are you sure you're okay?" lauren asked, placing a hand on her girlfriend's forehead. "you look like shit."

camila let out a light laugh. "wow thanks. but seriously, i'm fine, go." lauren had an appearance in london and she'd be gone for at least a week.

"i can call and cancel-"

"no." camila laughed. "shut up and go."

lauren nodded, grabbed her lover's chin, kissing her lips softly. "i love you."

"i love you more, baby." stranger replied.

lauren broke out into a huge smile, she grabbed her suitcase and left camila's room to go catch her flight for london.

-

two days later, camila was brought into the hospital due to obsessive cough and sometimes she would cough up blood, at one point she coudlnt even breathe.

ally was contacted but decided to withhold the information from lauren because she was finally starting to write again and ally wanted her to stay focused.

-

the next day, camila was not any better. she was a lot worse. it looked like death was ready for her.

lauren was confused as to why camila was not answering her phone calls. ally always made up and excuses to keep her client focused.

-

at the end of the week, lauren had one more day in london before she went home to cuddle the shit out of her girlfriend.

finally she got a call back, but it was from dinah.

"hey, where's stranger? i've been calling her all week and she hasn't been answer." lauren said, folding up one of her shirts, placing it in her suitcase.

there was a slight pause on the phone. "...no one's told you?"

lauren stopped. "told me why?"

"lauren," dinah paused again. "camila's in the hospital."

right then and there, it felt as if lauren's whole dropped. and it did. "wh-why is she in the hospital? is she okay?"

"she's sick lauren." dinah sighed. "really sick... your manager, ally, said she told you all of this."

lauren furrowed her eyebrows in anger. "she didn't tell me shit. dinah, i'll call you later." she quickly hung up the phone and ran out her room.

"what are you doing?" ally asked. she mustve been on a call.

"i'm going home."

"what?" ally gasped. "you still have another day! tomorrows the most important!"

"i don't fucking care, my girlfriend is in the hospital." lauren hissed. "but you already knew that didn't you?"

ally's features softened. "lauren..."

"you're fired." lauren spat before running down the hallway to catch the elevator and buying a plane ticket on the way to the airport.

-
the whole plane ride, lauren was panicking. she had so many emotions inside of her she had no idea on what to feel. of course this would be a long ride and she wouldn't be able to get to camila as quickly as se hoped.