two

lauren scrolled through her phone as her makeup artist, april, finished doing her eyeliner. she was currently getting ready for some interview ally set up for her.

she heard her stomach grumble when she glanced over at the table full with muffins.

"april." lauren smiled slyly, dragging out the l.

"what lauren?" april knew she wanted something.

"can you pretty please grab me a blueberry muffin from over there?" lauren batted her eyelashes.

"but ally said no food until after the interview."

"is ally here?" lauren looked around the room. "don't think so."

april rolled her eyes before grabbing lauren the muffin she wanted and handing it to her. "you're lucky i love you."

"thank youuuuu." she smiled, taking a piece off her muffin stuffing it into her mouth. she moaned at the goodness.

"hey!" ally shouted, coming into the dressing room. "i thought i said no eating!"

april put up her hands in defense. "tried to tell her."

ally scoffed, rolling her eyes. "whatever? is she almost done?"

april gave lauren's face one last look and nodded. "yup she's all good."

"okay good, you're on in five lauren." ally said and left the room.

lauren took a few more bites of her muffin before placing it on the table, running out of her dressing room.

"ready?" ally asked.

"yeah." lauren nodded.

"good, now get out there." ally placed her hand on lauren's lower back, pushing her out the door.

"lauren! so good to finally meet you." the interviewer walked towards lauren with an outstretched hand.

lauren just smiled and kindly shook her hand back.

"i'm grace." she said taking a seat whilst lauren sat in the other diagonal from her.

"so lauren how long have you been in the music business?" grace asked.

lauren scrunched up her face, thinking for a minute. "ummm almost 2 years." she replied nodding.

"and how has it been so far?"

"hectic." lauren laughed. "but it's fun as well."

"still getting used to the spotlight huh?" grace smiled.

lauren nodded. "oh yes, defiantly." she said dramatically.

"speaking of being in the spotlight," uh oh. lauren knew it was coming sooner or later. "what's been going on with you and the media lately?"

lauren sighed, not speaking for a moment. she just shrugged. "media taking things way out of proportion."

grace just nodded. "so the recent with you getting physical with one of the paparazzi?" she raised her eyebrow trying to get more details.

"i was trying to get my car!" she exclaimed, throwing her hands up. "sorry." she muttered

grace softly chuckled. "it's alright... so moving on, what's going on with you and vanessa? are you guys still together?"

lauren sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. "uh, we're- i- um, i don't know." lauren finally said.

ally was not happy with that answer. lauren knew that her and vanessa were over, lauren was just hanging onto hope.

grace nodded, writing her answers down. "well thanks for coming out lauren, i really appreciate it."

"thanks for having me." lauren waved goodbye to the camera that was filming the interview.

"what the hell was that lauren?" ally growled, forcefully grabbing lauren's forearm.

"what?" lauren winced at the pain.

"why didn't you answer the question about you and vanessa properly?" she narrowed her eyes.

lauren shrugged. "i answered with honestly, not with the lie you always tell me to say."

"you and vanessa are over lauren! as your manager-"

"exactly! as my manager!" lauren yelled, pissed off. "for once, be my friend and not my manager!"

"lauren, you are way too deep in your career for  friendship and relationships! you need to focus!" ally argued.

"you know what? i'm done." lauren said catching the attetion of everyone in the room.

ally folded her arms. "what do you mean by that?"

"i'm taking a break ally. i'm putting this 'career' on hold."

before ally could reply, lauren had stormed out. she didn't even bother putting her sunglasses on as she left the building.

lauren walked down the street, she knew that this blowout would be in her interview she just took, everyone heard her say she's done. she was happy that she didn't have to announce it publicly. of course her fans would be upset, but if they really supported her, they would understand and be happy for her.

"ow!"  lauren heard in her ear, when she lifted her head from off the ground.  she winced and rubbed her shoulder. she saw another girl in front of her, she assumed that they ran into each other considering the fact she wasn't paying attention.

"are you okay?" lauren asked the other girl.

she rubbed the back of her head, nodding. "yeah, i'm alright." she stood up. so did lauren.

"wait, are you lauren jauregui?" the girl scanned her face. "or did i just hit my head too hard?"

lauren laughed and nodded. "um yeah it's me. please don't make a big deal, i kinda wanna keep it lowkey."

the brunette nodded. "especially since you're on a break now right?"

lauren furrowed her eyebrows. "how did you know that? i just walked out the building not even twenty minutes ago."

"it's all over twitter right now. a video leaked." she said.

lauren groaned pulling out her phone. the girl was right. someone in the room recorded the argument with ally and posted it online. "fuck." she knew someone would be getting fired soon.

"by the way, you and vanessa never really made a cute couple." the stranger said with a small smirk, walking away.

wait," lauren called, running after her. "what's your name?"

the girl stared for a while with a small smile on her face. "nothing you need to worry about."

lauren watched her walk away. she couldn't help but smile. something told her this wouldn't be the last time she saw her.