sixteen

camila picked at the ugly, familiar hospital gown she was currently wearing. she hated the smell of hospitals, hated the ivs stuck in her skin, hated the gowns, hated coming here not knowing if it's gonna be her last.

she watched her mom talk to the doctor outside her room. she knew lauren was freaking out somewhere and she had no explanation.

her head averted to the door when she heard it click open.

"where's lauren?" she asked her mom.

"she's in the lobby, she's waiting for you." sinu replied.

"they didn't tell her anything right?" camila asked, panicked. "i-"

her mother held up her hand to stop her. "i told them not too, karla."

camila let out a sigh of relief, relaxing.

"you need to tell her. you cant keep doing this to her and yourself."

"how much longer do i have?" camila asked avoiding her moms question.

sinu sighed. "it's hard to tell now."

"can you send in lauren?"

sinu nodded, inviting in the green eyed girl.

"thank god, you're okay." lauren rushed quickly to the other girl. "these fucking doctors wont tell me anything."

camila nervously smiled giving off a light chuckle.

"what's wrong?" lauren asked, swiping her thumb over the brunette's cheek softly.

camila wanted to stay like that forever. she loved lauren's touch so much. "nothing."

"no," lauren paused. "what's wrong with you?"

camila took a moment to understand what she meant. "i'm sick." she finally said.

lauren nodded. "will you get better?"

brown eyes saw the worried look in the singer's eyes. "yes." she lied.

she watched her lips instantly grow into a smile, pulling the other girl into a firm hug, but not firm enough to hurt her.

camila felt her heart twist and her stomach do flips- knowing she just told the biggest lie of her life.

-

"dinah?"

"lauren?"

"how are you?" lauren quickly greeted her girlfriend's friend when she noticed it was her.

"scared." dinah breathed out honestly. "are you here for-?"

lauren nodded. "yeah, she's hungry so i'm trying to find her something light to eat."

"did she er, tell you what's going on...?" dinah was conflicted on whether lauren knew the whole story or not. she knew camila would be furious if she outed her secret.

planet green eyes nodded. "yeah. she told me she was sick, but fortunately she's gonna get better." she smiled.

dinah returned the smile but it wasn't as real as hers, nor big. "yeah," she dragged out the y. "well i'm gonna go in and talk to her." she excused herself, making her way into camila's room.

"dinah!" camila said happily to see her friend.

"you told lauren you were gonna get better?!" dinah instantly hissed.

camila's smile dropped. she sighed and covered her hands with her face. "i know, i screwed up."

"screwed up?!" dinah laughed sarcastically. "you did more than just screw up mila!"

"i didn't want to tell her!" camila yelled. "we're finally on good terms and i dont want to ruin that."

"your lies are becoming bullshit, camila." dinah spat. "you don't tell her your name because you thought you weren't going to become so close, well news flash bitch; you're dating her!"

camila crossed her arms, not appreciating the tone in her best friend's voice. yes, she had a right to be mad, but the use of profanity is not needed. "shut up dinah. i know what i'm doing."

"do you really?" dinah scoffed. "because honestly it doesn't look like it."

"just get out." the brunette looked the over way.

"fine, whatever. i hope you know what youre getting yourself into."

dinah stormed out, running into lauren again.

"hey stranger, everything okay?" lauren asked when she noticed the angered look on dinah's face.

"peachy." dinah muttered as she pushed past lauren and kept going.

lauren shook it off, returning to her girlfriend's room. "hey, i found a muffin."

"you didn't have to." stranger's mood brightened when the pop star entered.

"too bad i did." lauren placed a kiss on camila's forehead before placing the muffin in front of her. she sat down on her bed.

"where's ally?" camila asked, unwrapping the muffin.

"she's outside dealing with paparazzi." lauren explained rolling her eyes. "god they're so annoying."

camila tugged on the other girl's shirt. "hey, it's okay. i'm okay."

"that's all i'm worried about." lauren said truthfully, leaning in.

camila noticed and quickly attached their lips, desperately missing the way lauren's felt on hers. she moaned at the thought of them together.

"did you just moan?" lauren laughed softly when she pulled away.

her cheeks reddened as she nodded. she couldn't help but laugh either. she had no idea why she even moaned in the first place.

"all i did was kiss you!" lauren teased through a laugh.

"i know," camila covered her face. "i just-"

lauren removed the hands off her face, connecting their lips again. "the next time i want you to moan, i'll be doing more than just kissing; and we wont be in a hospital bed."

stranger's eyes quickly fluttered opened, her cheeks going a deeper red then they've ever been before.