fourteen

lauren picked up the phone. she knew she shouldn't call, but she felt like she needed to. it was something she had to do.

she was surprised when she picked up.

"what do you want lauren?" she spit harshly into the phone.

"vanessa. i'm so sorry. the kiss-" lauren started.

"let me guess, it didn't mean anything."

lauren bit her lip. that wasn't was she was gonna say at all but for vanessa's benefit, she agreed. "yeah. it didn't mean a thing." saying those words felt like she was stabbing stranger in the back. "i'm really, really sorry vanessa. please forgive me."

there was a short pause. "fine."

lauren squealed. "yay! you won't regret this vanessa-"

"but," vanessa interrupted again. "you have to stop seeing whatever her name is?"

"what?" lauren's face dropped.

"she's a threat and i don't want you around her anymore lauren. it's obvious she likes you." vanessa crossed her arms.

"vanessa."

"i'm serious lauren. if you want to me back you're gonna have to loose that tramp, kick her to curb. i don't give a fuck what you do! just tell her whatever you guys have is over." vanessa spat. "do i make myself clear?"

lauren tapped her fingers on the table in front of her and chewed on her lip. she'd be risking a lot of she told brown eyes this information. she hadn't known the girl very long but lauren enjoyed her company... and those kisses. "i'll do it."

"good," vanessa grinned. "i have to go baby love. last scene then i'm home for good. love you bye!"

vanessa did in fact love lauren but she loved her fame a little more. the kiss leaking was a bittersweet thing. of course it brought more attention to vanessa; the whole camila and lauren relationship had.

"so y'all are good?" marcus asked.

vanessa nodded. "yup. we're good."

"vanessa i don't think i can do this anymore." marcus sighed.

she furrowed her eyebrows. "what are you talking about?"

"this whole you and lauren thing. i don't like the idea and i'm quite sick of having to be in the shadows."

vanessa rolled her eyes and turned around back to her mirror, fixing her lipgloss. "don't be silly marcus. you know i love you."

"but i think you love money a little more." he crossed his arms.

vanessa's jaw slightly dropped. she couldn't believe he was saying that. "are you calling me a gold digger?"

"maybe." marcus shrugged.

she darkly chuckled, waving him off. "like you have money. please."

marcus shook his head. "i always knew you were a bitch, but i didn't think you were this much of one."

vanessa shrugged and continued to do her makeup as she watched marcus leave her dressing room. "he'll be back. they always come back." she said to herself, smacking her newly glossed lips together.

-

lauren knocked on camila's door. camila had sent her the address when lauren said she needed to talk. lauren hated that her first time there was gonna be her last.

"hey!" brown eyes greeted with a huge smile on her face. "long time no see."

"yeah." lauren smiled softly, stepping inside the household.

"my mom's not home. she's with my little sister at a birthday party." camila explained.

lauren's eyebrows lifted. "you have a sister?"

"yeah." she smiled. "her name is sofi."

"oh, so her name i get to know." lauren said in amusement.

camila playfully rolled her eyes as a small smile played on her lips. "whatever. so, what'd you want to talk to me about."

lauren coughed, this was the part she was dreading. "uh yeah about that... look, i-" she took a deep breath. "i can't see you more." lauren said rather quickly.

camila's smile quickly faded. "what?"

"i'm sorry." lauren frowned, "but in order to be with vanessa i have-"

"to get rid of me." she finished for her, nodding. "i understand."

"i am so-"

she held up her hand. "it's okay."

lauren sucked in her cheeks when the other girl wouldn't look her in the eyes. she never knew she could cause someone so much pain.

"i'm really sorry stranger." lauren fully apologized.

"doesn't matter. not like we knew each other long anyway." she shrugged.

the girl with piercing green eyes nodded. "um, so everything's good?"

"yeah, everything is good." camila nodded.

"great." just as lauren was about to walk out, camila opened her mouth to say something.

"you know what? everything is not okay." she finally looked up this time. "you are so full of shit, you know that?"

"me?" lauren scoffed.

"yes! i try to walk away and you wouldn't let me! you're letting us go because of some actress who doesn't give two shits about you! i knew you were blind but i didn't think you were stupid."

"you don't know shit." lauren spat.

"you right, i don't. but i know when someone cares about me. she doesnt fucking care about you lauren, god! get your head out of your ass! she's gonna fuck you over."

lauren rolled her eyes. "i don't need this and i dont fucking need you."

camila chuckled darkly. "do you need vanesa?"

"no!"

"then why are you doing this?"

"maybe because i'm scared!" and the truth was out.

camila's glare softened. "scared of what lauren?"

"i'm scared of you." she admitted making the other girl scrunch her eyebrows in confusion. "i'm scared of the feelings you give me! they're nothing ive experienced with vanessa. yoh make my heart full with that smile of yours, that laugh makes me smile and your fucking eyes... god your eyes." lauren shook her head. "not the point. the point is that you scare me because for a long time i knew what i wanted. and now i don't, i want you." lauren let out a deep breath; finally, all the feelings she had been holding in came out.

the brunette was still trying to take in the information. she had no idea how to react.

"please say something." lauren sighed.

"i don't want us to ignore each other after this." she said finally.

"after what-"

lauren was cut off by camila's attaching her lips onto hers.

the kiss was short but sweet, and unsaid words were told into the kiss from both of the girls.

"thats how i feel about you." camila said when she pulled out. her hands cupped lauren's cheeks.

lauren frowned when the smaller girl disconnected their lips. "kiss me again, i didn't quite understand."

stranger's lips tugged into a small smirk as she kissed lauren's again. "do you understand this time?" she mumbled.

lauren's arms snaked around the smaller girl's waist. "nope, still lost."

she softly giggled as their lips played with each other, getting familiar with each other because they both knew that this would be happening quite often now.