twenty one

vanessa flipped through the files on her desk, obviously displeased. she slammed her fists on the desk and looked up at the man in front of her.

"it's been almost a month and this is all you dug up?!" she yelled through gritted teeth.

"and this," the young man placed another closed file on vanessa's desk. "i think this one might be interesting."

vanessa skeptically flipped it open as she eyed him. she looked down at the stapled papers inside the manila folder. she jaw quickly dropped to what she just read, a smirk replaced the drop. "this is interesting."

-
"okay what about this dress?" lauren strutted into the living room. she was trying to find the perfect dress to wear to the american music awards.

ally and stranger sat on couch, examining the dress lauren had on now.

"lauren, this is like the thousandth dress you showed us." camila said. "you look amazing in all of them."

ally rolled her eyes but nodded. "i do agree though, you look fine in all of them."

lauren smiled at the compliments she was getting. "thanks guys, but this is first award show. the dress needs to be perfect. the awards are in a few weeks guys." she turned her body to face the mirror in front of her to look at her dress.

"we know lauren," ally told her. "you need to relax, stress causes wrinkles."

lauren rolled her eyes once more. "i'm not worried about wrinkles, i need to look good for the awards." she turned around to look at camila over her shoulder. "i already know you'll look good." she winked causing the other girl to blush.

"i'll look even better with you by my side." camila smiled.

lauren smiled at her words. vanessa never said anything like that. she always said something like 'look good'. she always ignored it considering she was in love but something always seemed off. vanessa cared a little too much about publicity.

"okay," ally interrupted, standing up from her seat. well, i gotta go. i'll see you ladies later."

"bye." lauren waved, she then turned to camila. "so this dress?"

the other girl laughed, nodding her head. "yes lauren this dress is perfect."

she smiled and grabbed camila by the hands, taking a seat in her lap. "did i mention that you have the cutest smile?"

the brunette blushed at the singer's words, shaking her. "hurry up and change, i'm hungry." she said referring to their dinner plans they had after lauren tried on dresses.

"okay, okay. i'll be done in twenty." she said, getting up and running up the stairs.

camila waited patiently on the couch. she yawned. for some reason she had been really tired and she didn't understand why. even after a day of doing absolutely nothing, she felt drained. she figured a nap wouldn't hurt while she waited for lauren.

"hey," camila felt someone whisper in her ear. "wake up." she felt her body move.

"huh?" her eyes fluttered opened. "oh." she sat up.

"did i take that long?" lauren teased.

"no," stranger quickly shook her head, rubbing her eyes. "i just- i."

lauren put up her hand to stop her. "no need to explain. are you ready to go?"

brown eyes nodded. "i just need to use the restroom real quick."

she got up from the couch, heading to lauren's bathroom. she closed the door behind her and splashed her water with face. she didn't bother to look up at her reflection, until something caught her eye.

two drops of something in the sink underneath her. she quickly looked up and saw a trail of blood trickling down her nose, to her lip.

"fuck." camila hissed, grabbing a tissue, trying to clean up the blood as much as possible.

the brunette jumped when she heard three knocks at the door.

"everything okay in there?" lauren's voice rang through the bathroom.

"i'm good!" she called, still trying to stop the flow. "just making sure I look good for you."

lauren chuckled. "alright, but you'll look beautiful no matter what."

camila couldn't help but feel butterflies but they were quickly replaced when another drop of blood fell into the sink. she groaned, desperately trying her best to clean it up.

she heard a knock again. "babe, you've been in there for fifteen minutes are you sure everything's okay?"

camila looked in the mirror after finally stopping the nose bleed. she sighed and opened the door, acting as if nothing happened. "i'm ready, lets go." she tugged lauren's hand, confusing her slightly.