six

lauren invited ally over for lunch one sunday, a few days after her meeting with normani. her and ally haven't been on speaking terms since lauren confessed she needed a break.

lauren was actually making lunch, something she hadn't done in forever. ally always had someone bring her something- healthy of course.

"so," ally said putting down her phone."why am i here?"

lauren shrugged, continuing to stir the tomato sauce she was making for the noodles. "you're my best friend ally, and you being my manager has been so much fun but sometimes, i'm gonna disagree and i'm gonna need ally my best friend; not my my manager ally."

ally nodded. "so when is this break gonna be over?"

lauren sighed. "i don't know ally."

"for a person on a break you seem to be in the news a lot."

lauren furrowed her eyebrows, turning around. "what do you mean?"

"first you're out seen with random girls and vanessa apparently tweeted you." ally pulled out her phone with a raised eyebrow, opening up twitter.

"what? let me see." lauren snatched the phone from ally's possession.

vanessa sure indeed tweet lauren.

@vanessaortin: been thinking about @laurenjauregui a lot this weekend. i miss you baby. ❤️

lauren's jaw dropped. laurenessa was trending everywhere again. she could admit, the tweet made her heart flutter and her stomach fill with butterflies.

"i thought you were done with vanessa?" ally asked when she noticed the smile on her best friend/client's face.

lauren's face dropped. her face went hard as she gave ally a cold stare. "you told us that we were done. i never said i was. i loved vanessa so much and you knew it."

"i was protecting you lauren." ally said.

"protecting me?" she was getting angrier. "from what?"

"vanessa didn't love you."

lauren sarcastically laughed. "bullshit."

"no lauren it's not." ally sighed, reaching out for her best friend but lauren moved back. "look-"

"i'm tired of people telling me about our relationship!" lauren slammed her fists down. "you and the girl who wont tell me her fucking name!"

ally wanted to ask further questions about this girl with no name but she figured it would be best if she kept quiet.

lauren heard the familiar ringtone come from her phone. it was vanessa.

"i'll be back," lauren disappeared down the hall with her phone. "hello?" she answered.

"hey." vanessa smiled. "did you see my tweet?"

lauren nodded. "yeah. i just looked at it."

"i miss you so much, do you think could come out for a visit? maybe get on a flight now?" vanessa let out a light chuckle.

just as lauren was about answer her phone vibrated. she pulled it away from her ear- she got a message.

stranger: doing something later? maybe we can hang out??

"uh-"

"don't tell me you're busy. you have absolutely nothing to do- you're on a break remember?" she laughed again.