eleven

I'm sorry if I seem uninterested
Oh I'm not listenin', oh I'm indifferent
Truly I ain't got no business here
But since my friends are here, I just came to kick it
But really I would rather be at home all by myself
Not in this room with people who don't even care about my well being.

lauren scribbled onto a notepad whilst she waited for ally and the stupid meeting she was forced to attend. she thought she might as well use free time to write a new song, but she just couldn't find another good line to go along with it.

"ooh what's that?" ally asked when she walked through the glass office doors.

"nothing. just some scribbles." lauren flipped the notepad over. "why am i here?"

ally took a seat across from her, "i understand that you're still sticking to this 'break'," ally said making lauren roll hey eyes. "but, you still have work to be done."

lauren frowned. "like what?"

ally slid a stack of paper toward lauren. "you have many appearances and performances schedule and you cant just blow them off because of this childish strike. you... we, have a brand to protect lauren and i will not let you ruin it."

lauren quietly looked through the papers. "fine, whatever. i'll do them. is that it?"

"not quite," ally said, taking out another paper and slid that to lauren. "who is she?"

it was a picture on lauren and stranger buying groceries last week.

"she's a friend." lauren answered.

ally kissed her teeth. "she has to go."

"excuse me?"

"you're continuing this thing you have with vanessa am i right?" she didn't wait for lauren respond. "we can't have you hanging with her. people will start to think you're a cheater and you know how dedicated vanessa's fans are. you will be destroyed, lauren."

"but she's just a friend!" lauren argued.

"that's not how the tabloids are gonna see it."

lauren groaned in frustration, "you're doing the exact same thing you did when i was dating vanessa. damn, can i be happy for once?"

"i'm trying to protect you lauren!" ally yelled.

"i dont need protect." lauren kicked back her chair, storming out the office.

she quickly ran to her car and got in successfully without fans or paparazzi following her. she took out her phone, calling a number that she was so used to dialing.

"hey, rockstar." camila greeted.

"hey there, stranger." the corners of lauren's mouth turned into a smile.

-

"what's up? why do you seem so upset?" brown eyes asked as she watched lauren sadly pick at her frozen yogurt.

lauren shrugged. "another fight with ally."

"what was it about?" camila asked, scooping her strawberry banana froyo into het mouth.

"you actually." she replied, doing the same but with her oreo flavored treat.

"me? why?" she asked curiously.

lauren placed the froyo in her mouth. "she said i should stay away from you." she said with a mouthful.

camila froze. she had told herself the same thing almost a month ago, but yet here she was, eating frozen yogurt with lauren.

"maybe you should..." the brunette said quietly but loud enough for lauren to hear.

"what?" lauren choked. "you cant be serious."

"i am." the other girl nodded. "you and me, we arent made to mix. plus, i've been seeing myself in magazines and i dont want that. i'm sorry but i have to go." she stood up from the table they were currently sitting at.

lauren stood up with her. "stop." she grabbed her wrist.

"why me?" camila asked.

"why you?" lauren was confused.

"why are you even talking to me? you're a celebrity lauren! did you forget that? why did you make the effort to be my friend when i obviously didn't want to be yours."

lauren's mouth went dry. she didn't know how to respond. she actually didn't know the reason why she stayed in contact with her. lauren would've said because there was something about her but that was way too cheesy and cliché, and not true.

"see," camila said snapping her out her thoughts. "you don't even know why. i gotta go, goodbye lauren." she yanked her arm away and started to walk off.

"no!" lauren yelled, grabbing her arm again, spinning her back towards her and their lips connected.

the kiss wasn't planned, it just happened. camila felt like she was on a cloud. she had only kissed one other person in her whole life and that was jeremy coleman in the school play, romeo and juliet.

a snap caused the two girls to pull away. lauren turned their head and saw a teenage girl with a her phone held up, she had obviously taken a picture and they both knew within minutes that picture would be all over the internet.

"shit." lauren cussed, groaning.

the girl who had taken the picture quickly ran out the building.

camila glared at lauren once more before jerking herself away, continuing her walk out the restaurant.