twenty nine

stranger's funeral was a few days later and lauren wasn't sure if she should go or not. the view of seeing her girlfriend dead in a casket was not her ideal day. 

"lauren?" clara peered around the corner to see her daughter still in bed, the same place she had been in the day she found out camila passed. "lauren, her funeral is in a couple of hours; are you seriously not coming?"

lauren shrugged, "i dunno."

mama jauregui sighed and walked closer to her daughter, taking a seat on her bed. her arm wrapped around the depressed singer who cried in her mother's arms.

"i miss her." she sobbed.

"i know baby, i know." her mother cooed, rubbing her skin softly. "didn't she leave something for you, like a cd or something?"

lauren perked remembering her mom had given her the cd at the hospital. she had been crying so much, she had forgotten all about it. lauren noticed 'for lauren' was written in her girlfriend's handwriting. she quickly popped it into her computer and strangers face instantly popped up. "it's a video." she told her mom.

"i'll leave you alone to watch it." clara said before disappearing out of her daughter's room. 

lauren braced herself and clicked the video so it could start playing. lauren noticed that she was wearing the same outfit in the video when she had went to her house to get the truth from her- of course that led to them making love and camila saying the three little words. this is why camila quickly shut the laptop when lauren had walked in, she was making this video

"hi lauren," stranger's small voice came from the speakers through the computer. "um, i'm guessing if you're watching this right now, i'm, uh... kinda gone." she awkwardly scratched the back of her neck. "you probably have many questions," she took a deep breath. lauren watched closely, biting her fingernails. "i'm sick, I've been sick for a long time and i knew i was dying; i knew i was dying when i met you. i never told you my name because i figured it wouldn't matter because we'd ever see each other. i mean you were a celebrity for crying out loud!" camila smiled softly into the camera. "but you never left me, even at the times i pushed you away. i only pushed you away so you wouldn't get hurt in the end... i guess that wasn't the best idea..."

lauren scoffed to herself but couldn't help the small smile that crept onto her lips. 

"so lauren jauregui, here i am. i am camila cabello and i love you so much." lauren noticed the visible tears forming in her eyes, but they didn't leave. "i really hope you keep this video and remember me, because that would suck if you didn't." camila chuckled and wiped a tear that fell. soon she faced the camera again. "i really hope all your questions are answered lauren." stranger took in her bottom lip, staring off into the distance for a few seconds. "you're the best thing that's ever happened to me lauren. i love you... yours forever, camila." the last thing lauren saw was camila reach over to turn the camera off. her beautiful face pausing.

"camila." lauren whispered to herself. she liked the way her name rolled off her tongue. "camila cabello." she said again.

lauren looked up to the ceiling with a huge smile on her face. "yours forever baby."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

okay hi guys I'm really emotional right now. like, my heart is hurting.

anyway, this is the end of Stranger and I'm glad you guys enjoyed this book it. 

sorry if i hurt your feelings or made you cry or made you think mila was going to get better.

but you guys still love me though so its okay. 

LOVE YOU GUYS.