6...Supper

~Michael's POV~
"This is a nice place, J." I observe.

"Oh, thanks. My mom decorated it herself." Jada smiles then we look over at a beautiful woman enter the room.

"Oh, hi. You must be Michael. I'm Sydney, Jada's mom." She smiles as she reaches her hand out to shake mine.

"Hi. I thought you were her sister or something because you look so young!" I chuckle.

"Oh, why, thank you Michael! That's very sweet of you. I'm 30, actually. I had Jada when I was 15."

Jada nods.

"So, Michael. Do you like chicken?" Sydney asks.

"Oh, yes. I love chicken. I'm a vegetarian except when it comes to chicken." I smile.

"Ok, good" She chuckles.

We sit at the table and she gives me and Jada a plate of food each.

She sits down with her plate and smiles at me as she starts eating.

"So, Michael, do you have any siblings?" She asks, cutting her meat.

"Oh, yes! I have 8! 5 brothers and 3 sisters."

"Oh, wow! Large family!" She gasps.

"Yeah" I smile and look over at Jada. "They all love J, though!"

She smiles and pecks my cheek.

Her mom looks at us, shocked.

"Um, Jada? What was that?" She chuckles awkwardly.

"Oh, mom, I forgot to tell you that Michael and I are dating. He stood up for me to Jordan today." J smiles over at me and I kiss her forehead.

"Oh! Was that jackass bothering you again?" Sydney grits.

"Yes. He was. But, I handled it. I'm not gonna let that dumbass hurt my baby." I give Jada a side hug.

"Aww, J. You got a keeper this time!"

"Oh, I know, mom." Jada smiles as I check my phone to see what time it is.

8:30.

"Uh, I better get going before my parents get mad that I've been gone for so long. It was nice to meet you Ms.Smith and the food was delicious! Love you, J. I'll see you tomorrow." I give Jada a kiss on the lips then walk outside, closing the door behind me.

"Michael! Wait!" I her Sydney yell after me.

I turn around.

"Yes, Ms.Smith?"

"Please, call me Sydney." She chuckles.

"Ok, Sydney. What is it?"

"Thank you so much for making my daughter happy! Just by the way she looks at you, I can tell that she loves you more than anything and looks up to you. She has never been this happy from a male before because she never had a father. I would also like to thank you for standing up for her to her ex and protecting her. I'm so glad that she chose you and not some other doofus."

I chuckle.

"It's no problem, Sydney. I'm just glad that I make her happy. And I feel the same way about her. She's my world now. I know in my heart that she'll be the one that I grow old with. If you don't mind me asking, what happened to her father?"

"Well, when I told him that I was expecting, he broke up with me because he didn't wanna be a father. He told me that he does love me but not enough to raise a child with me. So, ever since then, I haven't seen him at all. He called a few times after Jada was born but I ignored his calls because I was heartbroken" she explains as a tear rolls down her cheek.

"I'm so sorry to hear that, Sydney. I feel so bad for you and J. I can't imagine having your heart broken by the person you love or growing up without a father" I say as my eyes fill with tears.

I pull Sydney into a hug and she starts sobbing into my chest, since she's shorter than me.

She pulls back and wipes her tears away.

"Well, I should get going. Thank you for an amazing meal. I enjoyed it. It was really nice meeting you. Goodbye, Sydney." I smile.

"Bye, Michael. Thanks for coming." She waves and starts walking back to her door.

"No problem at all." I wave and walk off.