3...He Likes Me?

~Jada's POV~
The lunch bell just rang and Michael and I are walking to the cafeteria for lunch.

Every time I'm with him, I have this feeling in my stomach. Butterflies. I wonder if he feels the same way about me.

We find Charlie and Nicki, so we go over to them.

"Hey Michael! So did you get the chance to, you know, ask her out?" Charlie whispers to Michael and Michael shushes him.

"What did I say about not telling anyone?" He whispers back.

"Jada, did you hear what Charlie, here, said?" He asks me.

"Oh, nah. I didn't hear anything." I say, even though I did hear him.

I look over at Nicki and she nods her head, giggling.

'Oh my god! Michael likes me!' I think to myself.

"So, Jada? Would you like to eat lunch with me? Like just the two of us?" Michael asks me while looking at the floor.

"Okay." I shrug.

~Nicki's POV~
Michael and Jada walk off and I receive a text from Michael.

It says:
Does Jada like me?

I reply and say yes.

"So, Nicki? You're coming to my house tomorrow after school right?" Charlie asks me.

"Oh yes! Of course!" I giggle.

He leans in and I get really nervous.

Our lips connect. His lips are so soft!

'I wonder what Jada and Michael are doing' I think to myself as we pull back.

~Michael's POV~
I can't believe Charlie said that!

Jada and I walk outside to eat our lunch. She sits by a tree and I sit with her.

"So, what do you wanna talk about?" She asks.

Right when I'm about to ask her out, Taylor walks over. She's one of the most popular girls in the school.

"Hey, Michael!" She giggles.

"Hi Taylor." I mumble.

"Doing anything later?"

"Yeah. I'm hanging out with Jada. Right, Jada?" I say and right away she catches on.

"Yeah! We're gonna be hanging out at his place." Jada smiles looking at me.

"Yeah. Sorry, Taylor!" I say.

"Aww, that's too bad," she drags. "Maybe next time."

She skips off to the table where the really popular guys are and I roll my eyes.

"I've never really liked her. She's so stuck on herself and tries to get the cute guys." Jada rolls her eyes.

"Yeah. So Jada?"

"Yes, Michael?"

"Hey, Jada!" Jordan, the captain of the football cuts in.

"What do you want, ass-hole?" Jada squints at him.

"I want you, of course!" He snickers.

"Oh, shut up and go play with Taylor! You sure loved doing that while we were dating!" She shouts.

"Oh, baby. You still mad 'bout that? I said I was sorry!" He whines.

"DON'T call me that, you jerk! I am not your baby anymore! That ended a long time ago because you were with that stupid slut! You chose her so why don't you stay with her? Oh, I know why you won't! It's because your a 'playa' who is only interested in one thing when it comes to women. Trust me, you won't be getting it from me! So just go back to your table and leave me, the fuck, alone!"

I just sit there, shocked, from what I'm witnessing.

"Woah, babe! Don't you think you're overreacting? Calm er down!" He chuckles.

This guy won't take the hint so, I stand up and defend Jada.

"Look, dude! Just because you're on the football team, it doesn't mean that you can force Jada into being with you! It's obvious that she doesn't like you so take the hint, and leave her alone! You blew your chances so deal with it!"

"Who are you to talk to me like that, huh? Who are you anyways? Jada's new boyfriend or somethin'?" He snickers.

"I will be! Her best friend told me that Jada likes me a lot and guess what! I like her just as much! If not, more! Unlike you, I care about her for her. Not for what's between her legs. I'm not wanting to date her for sex! I wanna date her because she's an amazing, beautiful person inside and out! So, I would really appreciate it if you'd leave her alone!"

"Whatever, dude. I will get her. Just you wait and see!" He shouts as he storms away.

I sit back down and look at Jada. She's looking at me with a surprised look on her face.

"Look, Jada-" I get cut off by her lips crashing against mine.

There's those butterflies again.

"Thank you." She whispers as we pull away.

"No problem!" I smile and blush as she winks at me.