Chapter 5 - Part 8

Louis and I are engaged, and I'm 4 months pregnant with his baby. These past few months have gone by so fast, that the only thing I can tell you about them, other than what I just said, is that Bailee got married a week ago. Bailee and Zayn are still on their honeymoon, and will be back in another week. We planned to all go out together for dinner when they get back. And by "all go out" I mean literally all of us. Me, Bailee, Michelle, Avery, Danielle, and the guys are all going out for dinner, and then we might go see a movie afterwards. Anyway, later today I'm planning on going to the mall with Michelle. We're buying Bailee and Zayn some late wedding gifts, since the ones we got them were really crappy. And of course, being girls, we're buying some clothes and shoes as well. "Hey, babe?" Louis called from the kitchen. "Yeah?" I responded, standing up and walking to him. "I need your help, can you cut up the celery while I cut the tomatoes?" I nodded and proceeded to grab the knife. As we were cutting the vegetables for dinner, we talked. "So, when are we going to start planning the wedding?" I asked. "Well, we can either get married really soon, before you get the pregnant belly and feel like you don't look good in any of the dresses, which you will, or we can wait until after you have our kid." "Hmm, if we wait, we'll have to wait about 5 months, plus a little longer since we'll be taking care of the baby. So, about a year of waiting, or we could do what Bailee and Zayn did and get married in a few months. Which would you prefer?" I stopped chopping and turned to face Lou, and he did the same. "I'd love to call you Mrs. Tomlinson in 2 months, but if you'd rather wait..." "Trust me, I'd marry you right now if I could. I don't want to wait a year." I interrupted. "Let's do it then. Let's get married as soon as Bailee and Zayn get back. Call Michelle and cancel for tonight, and we can start planning. I mean, we both always said we don't want a traditional wedding, so let's make this one different." Louis said, grabbing my hands and intertwining our fingers. I smiled and planted a sweet kiss on his lips. "God, I love you." I giggled and rested my head on his chest, and there we danced. We slow danced to the sound of our hearts, the sound of our breathing. Every memory Louis and I ever shared flashed through my mind, the good and the bad. But the two that stood out the most was the moment we met, and when he found me in Paris. "Payton?" Louis said, pulling away from me. "What?" I asked, and he stared into my eyes. "I'm so head over heels in love with you, it's not even funny. There's no way I could describe the way I feel about you, or the way you make me feel. Payton, if you ever left me..." He trailed off, looking away from my eyes. "Why on Earth would I leave you?" "Because, you can find so much better than me." I laughed at this, "Do you realize that I was single for 2 years before I met you?" "That's only because you kept your guard up after Josh." Louis replied nonchalantly. "Exactly, and I didn't let anyone but you in for 2 years. If that doesn't convince you, then I don't know what will." I sighed and returned to the dinner.

          "Hey, where are you? You were supposed to be here an hour ago." Michelle said through the phone. I was so busy making dinner and planning the wedding that I forgot to call Michelle and cancel. "Oh, crap." I said before explaining why I wasn't there. "Oh, that's fine." Michelle said before hanging up the phone. "Payton, come in here!" Louis yelled from the office. Our office was set up the exact way I always imagined. It had a large, dark brown desk, which was meant to go in a corner. We had an iMac and a wireless printer sitting on it. There was a white bookcase across from it. And two clear shelves hanging on the white walls. There was dark brown wood floors with a large black and white rug in the middle of the floor. The white walls had dark brown crown molding around the top, and there was a gorgeous clear chandelier hanging from the middle of the ceiling. And since the room was large enough, it had a small white chair with black legs next to the glass doors. "Yeah?" I asked when I made it into the room. "Look!" Louis said excitedly, pointing to the calendar. "Three more weeks and we find out whether we're having a boy or girl!!!" He sqealed. I couldn't help but smile at this. I remember being terrified that he wouldn't want anything to do with me or the baby, and now I think of how ridiculous I was being. I mean, sometimes, I think he planned on getting me pregnant. "Lou, did you try to get me pregnant?" I asked without realizing. "What?" He asked, and I couldn't take the question back, so I decided to explain. "Well, I mean when I told you, you seemed more excited and proud than surprised. And you seem to be way happier than any other guy would be, even if he was okay with it. You seem like you expected it to happen." "To be honest, I was hoping it would happen. I mean, we always have a discussion about whether or not to use protection, and we didn't have the conversation first, so I didn't use any. And like I said, I was hoping you'd get pregnant. Why, are you mad?" "No, I just wanted to know." I said while walking over to kiss his cheek. Although, being the flirt he is, he turned his head at the exact moment my lips brushed his cheek so we actually kissed. I pulled away immediately and laughed, and he joined me. He soon stopped, smiled, and pulled me in for a real kiss. "God, I love you." He smiled and rested his forhead on mine. I giggled and stared into his eyes. I ended up ruining the moment when the wedding popped into my head. "Babe, we gotta plan the wedding." And with that, I walked back into the living room where the guest list was being written. Just as I settled down to continue adding people to the list, my phone went off. I sighed and got up to check it, it was a text from Bailee. "Big news when we get home! ;D" Hmm, wonder what the news is. I replied back and said "Great, oh and we need to go dress shopping!" Then continued to explain the situation between Louis and I. She responded saying that was great and that she had to go, as it was nearly three where they were. Since Michelle and I were supposed to have a girls night after going shopping, I was supposed to pick her up at 8:00PM. And it's now 9:30, and I was getting tired. I saved the guest list onto my computer and proceeded to shut it down. I got off of the couch and went to take a shower and go to bed. 

                        *3 weeks later*

       "Payton, that was Bailee." Louis said as he walked into the room I was in. "What did she want?" I asked sitting up. "Please, lay back down." The nurse instructed. I obeyed and laid back down. "She just said she's finally back in town." Bailee and Zayn ended up staying on their honeymoon for an extra week, since Bailee got food poisoning from some restaurant. "Well tell her that I'll call her when I get finished here." At that moment, the nurse put something cold and slimey on my stomach. "Ready to see your baby's gender?" I asked her to wait until Lou came back, which he did not even 5 seconds later. "Payton, Louis.... You two are having a..."

       "Payton, Bailee, we're here!" Michelle screamed into the house. "In the living room!" I yelled back. "Hey, sorry we're late." She said as she took a seat on the couch. "No problem. Okay, Bailee what did you need to tell us that was so important?" I asked looking from Michelle to Bailee. "Guys... We're pregnant." The smile on her face was absolutely huge, and the same with Zayn. I jumped up, "Oh my gosh! Congratulations! I'm finally not alone!!!!" I yelled as I hugged her. "Congrats man." Louis said, hugging Zayn. As literally every member of the band and their girlfriends were there, they all shared congratulations and then we sat back down. "So Payton, do you want to tell them or should I?" Louis asked, causing everyone to scoot closer to us. "What's he talking about?" Avery, Niall's girlfriend, asked. "Well, we were at the doctor earlier today. And we found out that we're having a boy." I smiled and looked at Louis. "First try too," he added, "I've always wanted a son." I giggled and leaned up to kiss him, as we were on the floor and I was laying on is lap. "Awh, Zayn what do you want?" Bailee asked looking up at him, as they were in the same position. "I'll be happy either way, but I've always wanted a boy too." "Oh no." Michelle said, and we all looked over to her. "Bailee's always wanted a little girl." Bailee shrugged in response as if to say "Oh well." We then went on to discuss mine and Louis' wedding plans and I agreed to go dress shopping with Bailee and Michelle in 2 weeks. Oh yeah, the wedding is completely planned, and Louis is even paying to fly my family over. We're getting married in 3 weeks, so I won't have to worry about my dress for very long. Just as I stood up to go to the bathroom, my cell phone started ringing. I didn't recognize the number, but I answered it anyway. "Payton, it's me."