Chapter 4 - Part 9

"I.. uh..." I stuttered, struggling to regain my thoughts. *DING* the oven beeped, giving me an excuse to avoid answering Zayn. "Sorry, I have to get the food out of the oven." I sighed, my voice shaky, before hurrying into the kitchen to grab the food. As I pulled our special chicken dinner out of the oven, I glanced in Zayn's direction. He remained in the same position as when I had left him. I felt terrible for what just happened, I just don't think I'm ready to be married yet. But, how do I tell Zayn that without hurting him?

After contemplating my options, I finally made a decision. "Babe, here's your dinner." I smiled, handing a glum Zayn, who was now slouching on the couch, a full plate of chicken and rice. "Thanks." He breathed in return. As we both finished eating, I again glanced at Zayn before standing up and taking his plate from him. Once I finished up cleaning up after dinner, I shuffled into the living room and stopped infront of Zayn. I walked over to his side, bent down and kissed his cheek. "You know I love you right?" I asked, resting my head on the arm of the couch. Zayn looked over at me, raising his arm to rest on my shoulder. He then began playing with my hair. "Yes." He sighed, "and I love you too." "Good." I smiled, standing up to give him a real kiss. I held my hand out for him, and as he took it, I swear he smiled. He turned to face me, I stood as tall as I could, standing on my toes to help. He bent his neck down, and soon, our lips connected. Zayn and I both smiled into the kiss, and eventually had to stop kissing because we had begun laughing. "Come on, let's go to bed." I smiled, grabbing his left hand with my right. We walked with our hands intertwined until we made it to the bed, where we had to part ways to get to our own sides. When Zayn laid down, I snuggled into his bare chest, him wrapping his arms around me securely. "Yes," I breathed barely audible, "I will marry you." I felt the smile on Zayn's lips as he leaned his head down to kiss mine. "I love you Bailee." He whispered. "I love you too Zayn. With all my heart." I smiled before falling asleep, completely content with myself. Almost, completely content. Something didn't feel quite right, but I decided to just ignore it for now.

*Payton's P.O.V*

"Payton," a husky voice whispered in my ear, "you have no idea how much I've missed you." He sighed as he kissed my neck, sending shivers down my spine. When I opened my eyes, I saw nothing but the darkness of the night and the unlit room. I could still feel Louis' presence there, laying behind be, breathing softly, allowing his breath to slowly travel down my bare back. "I love you, Payton." He whispered before turning over to lay on his back, allowing sleep to overtake him. "I love you too." I smiled, allowing myself to fall into a deep sleep as well.

The next morning I was awoken by the sound of screaming, crying, and slamming doors. Investigating, I tiptoed out of the bedroom, opening the door slowly, as not to make a sound. I then wandered halfway down the stairs when a familiar voice caused me to freeze in my spot. "You slept with her?! Louis are you INSANE!? HER!? She's not even pretty!" Eleanor screamed in shock, causing Louis to crack. "NO! She's beautiful! Way better looking than you, that's for sure! And she's modest too! She doesn't call her self beautiful all the time like you. You don't even realize HOW unattractive you are, just because your personality is complete SHIT! Okay, Payton is amazing, she's perfect! You're just some clingy slut, and I am DONE with you. DONE, do you hear me? So don't call me back, don't come over. Just leave me alone this time. We're done El." Louis yelled, scaring me a bit. "Now get out." He sighed, pointing a finger at the front door. "B-but Louis, I love you!" Eleanor cried as Louis nudged her out the door. "No you don't. You love my money." He breathed quietly before slamming the door and locking it. "Louis, are you okay?" I called from my place on the stairs. "No, I think... I think you should go." He sighed, facing away from the door to look at me. "Louis, I'm sorry this happened, but" "Shut up! Just leave, okay!? Stop talking, and leave!" He screamed before slowly stalking up the stairs and into the bedroom, slamming that door as well. I stood in my spot for about 2-3 minutes before turning, grabbing my phone and running out the door, crying so hard I couldn't breathe.

Once I finally remembered how to breathe, I pulled out my phone and dialed a number. "Mom, hey. I'm coming home for a while. Maybe a month or two. I'll be leaving in a few days, maybe Wednesday. (It's Saturday) Love you. See you soon." I sighed into the phone before pushing the end call button, locking my phone, and shoving it back in my pocket. "Taxi!" I called, raising my arm to signal one over to me.