Chapter 5 - Part 3

"Harry? Why?" "So that's what happened to Niall." Bailee thought out loud. "What do you mean?" Michelle asked, facing Bailee. "I'll explain later." As she did. They both suddenly turned to me. "Have you told Louis yet?" Bailee blurted. I explained his reaction, receiving an 'Awh' in response. "Well, I think we should all go hang out with our guys then." Michelle smiled. "I haven't seen you guys in almost 2 months, and you don't even want to hang out?" I asked, astonished. "Payton, your boyfriend misses you. He hasn't seen you in almost two months either. Besides, we knew where you were. Louis didn't, so go hang out with him. And besides, Michelle should probably rest her leg, she did just get out of the hospital today." Bailee explained. "You know, I don't think you ever told me what happened to you." I said to Michelle. "Hit by a semi truck. Broke my leg and wrist. Was in a coma for a month and a half. Kissed Harry last night. Blah blah blah." She explained, with no emotion at all. "Wait, you kissed Harry?" I asked. "Yes." She responded, a hint of annoyance in her tone. 

       About 15 minutes later, Louis pulled into the driveway. I greeted him as I entered the car, and we drove away. "So, how many months pregnant are you?" Louis asked. "I don't know. Almost two I think." "Do you want this, Payton?" "What do you mean?" I asked, looking at the side of his face, as he concentrated on the road. "I mean are you ready to be a mother? Do you even want to be a mother yet?" "I mean, if I had a choice, I wouldn't have planned it to be this early, but I also wouldn't take it back if I could. I'm just happy that you'll be the father. If I had to get pregnant at such a young age, I'd want you to be the dad, and you are, so yeah. I'm ready." "You sure?" "As long as you're here to help, I have nothing to nolt be ready for." "What about when I go on tour?" "I'll manage, Louis." "Promise?" "I promise." I leaned over the glove compartment and kissed his cheek. "I love you." "I love you too, Payton Sanders."

         "You're pregnant?" "How did you know?" "Paparazzi's a bitch. Payton, I can't sign a pregnant girl. That looks bad for business. I'm sorry, but you'll have to find a new record label." Mason said. "Okay, and you think that's supposed to be difficult for me to do? I'm having Louis Tomlinson's baby. And, even if I still wanted a record deal, I sure as hell wouldn't sign with you." I exclaimed before hanging up.

"Who was that?" Louis asked. "No one." "Payton." Louis urged. "It was Mason, he cancelled the record deal because I'm pregnant. But it's fine, I don't have time for fame right now anyway." I explained, before resting my head on his lap.

        I looked around the room, contemplating my surroundings. The flat screen tv was directly across from the tan leather couch we were seated on. Two tan recliners lay on either side of the couch. I looked to my right and saw the stairs, pictures of Louis and I lined the walls. I looked to my left and saw the front door, a stand up lamp on it's right. I turned in my seat to look behind the couch into the white-walled kitchen. Brown cabinets and counters lined the walls. The counters were covered with granite, and a sink on the left, sitting next to the refridgerator. There was an island in the middle, also made of gray granite, and sitting on brown counters. There was a stove a couple feet away from the sink, next to it a dishwasher. The floor was white tile. When I finished looking around the apartment, I looked back to Louis. He had a confused look on his face. "I forgot how much I loved this place." "So you just spent 5 minutes looking around my apartment, just to realize you missed this shitty place?" "Hey, it's not shitty, there are a lot of memories here." I smiled. Louis had a guilty look on his face for some reason. "You okay, babe?" "Payton, I have to tell you something." 

        "You what!?" I screamed in his face, tears stinging my eyes. "Payton I'm sorry!" "Fuck you, Louis! I want nothing to do with you, ever again!" "Payton, it was a mistake!" "It happened the first time we dated! Why did you wait this long to tell me?!" "Because I was afraid this would happen! I didn't want you to leave me!" Louis screamed, at this point, we were both standing, screaming in each others faces. "Had you told me earlier, instead of waiting until i was CARRYING YOUR FUCKING CHILD, I wouldn't have left! But you waited to long! I HATE YOU LOUIS!" I screamed, grabbing my purse before walking to the front door. Before I could open the door however, Louis' hand was on my wrist. "Louis, get off!" "SHUT UP!" He screamed, slapping my right cheek. "Louis!" I screamed, gripping my cheek. He squeezed tighter, and pulled me closer to him. "You're so fucking selfish! Oh, you're pregnant with my baby. That doesn't give you the fucking right to walk out on me after a mistake that happened a year ago!" "Louis! You're hurting me, let go!" "I SAID SHUT UP!" He slapped me again, harder. "I gave you everything, Payton! I could lose my job for this, but I stuck with you! Because I love you!" "Louis." I choked out. "God damnit! I told you to shut up!" He grabbed the back of my neck and slammed me to the ground, causing me to shut my mouth. "Fuck you, Payton." Louis turned around, only to turn back around kicking me. I started coughing up blood. "Louis please. I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. I'll stay, and I'll love you more than anything. Please, just stop." I choked. He dropped to his knees beside my face, crying. "Oh my god. I don't know what came over me. Payton, I'm so sorry, I love you so much. Leave me, right now. Please, I don't want to hurt you anymore, and I don't deserve you to stay with me." He cried, and cried and cried. "Payton!" Someone yelled, causing me to look up.

       "Payton, babe, are you okay?" Louis asked, shaking me awake. I awoke, and jumped at the sight of him. "Baby, calm down, it's just me. Are you okay?" He asked, his eyes full with concern. "Wait, what's the last thing that happened?" "You fell asleep on my lap after you got off the phone with Mason. I fell asleep too, but you woke me up. You were moving around, screaming, and yelling 'Louis no! Louis stop!' and you're sweating. What happened?" "Nightmare... You never cheated on me with Eleanor did you? I won't get mad if you did, but I need to know the truth." "Of course not, Payton. I left her for you, twice. Why would you ask that?" I explained my nightmare to Louis, not once meeting his eyes. He lifted my chin, forcing our eyes to meet. "I would never lay a finger on you. Payton, I love you way to much to do that." "I know." I let a tear roll down my cheek. "Hey, it was just a dream, baby. I'm here for you. I'm not that monster in your dream. I'm the guy who helped save you from your ex that did beat you. I promise, I'll never be like Josh." "Not even the trip to Paris part?" I laughed subtly through my tears. "I'll take you wherever you want to go, Buttercup." He kissed my hair, snuggling me further into his chest. I relaxed in his arms, I know Louis would never hurt me. "Don't ever call me that again." I laughed. "Your wish is my command, your highness." I looked up, and got lost in his deep blue eyes. "I love you so much, Louis." "I love you too, Payton." He leaned down and gave me the sweetest kiss I've ever received.