Ministar - My Christmas Present

Start from the beginning

I casually heard the anchor until one topic caught my attention. I looked up at the TV as I saw they were talking about a military explosion.

I grabbed the remote and quickly turned up the volume.

"Last night at 11:49, an explosion was set off at Rosemary Military Base in America. We have word that some British officials were stationed at the base last night. The explosion was strong enough to wipe out about 5/6th of the base. No survivors have been recorded. More information will be..."

*CRASH*

The sound of the TV smashing into the tiled floor of the kitchen was heard within the block. And it shattered in millions of piece, like my heart. I slowly backed up from the shattered television into the far corner of the kitchen. I backed up until I could go no further so I slumped down to the floor.

I heard JJ and Josh running down the stairs to the loud and menacing sound of the crash. They popped around the corner to see me, crying and broken in the corner, with the television smashed, cereal covering the floor, and glass shards ready to poke at their feet. JJ had on shoes so he slowly made his way over, even stepping in the blood from my feet hitting the glass.

"Vikk?" he asked whispering, slowly making his way over. As he got closer and closer, the tears streamed faster and heavier.

"Vikk? What happened?" JJ asked getting close enough to put his hands on my knee.

"h-h-he's gone."

"Who Vikk?"

"simon." I said so very softly because it hurt to say his name.

"Vikk I can't hear you. Can you speak loudly?"

Barley a bit louder than before I said his name again before being unable to speak over my sobs.

"Vikk?"

"SIMON. HE'S DEAD JJ. SIMON'S GONE." I screamed lifting my head to see him eye to eye. Before going back to crying,

"he died."

"how?" JJ said sitting down taking in the deep information, I laid on him.

"The base blew to pieces. Killed everyone. No bodies were found."

"And they said Simon was part of the bombing?"

"No bodies were found JJ. That means everyone was gone."

"Or they got out. There's a possibility he is..."

"There is no chance JJ. He was at the base, I talked to him last night. He was at the base."

"Maybe, he left."

"And for what reason would he leave? He had business to do. His lieutenants came in and cut our chat short to go talk about some business. So he was in the base JJ. I know it JJ. I just know it."

"Oh, my, god." JJ said grabbing my legs, gripping them with a grip so firm and holding that if JJ let go he probably would fall into an abyss of nothingness.

"We have to go." I heard from over by the door. I saw the Josh had found his way to the floor, leaning on the doorway for support.

"Go where?"

"To America."

"Josh, on a wim? We can't do that. I understand where you are coming from but, even as his boyfriend, we need time."

Josh just hung his head, and slowly got up.

"I need some time alone." he said walking up stairs.