Chapter 5 - Part 6

Start from the beginning

              I stood up from the couch and walked into the kitchen. There I found my phone on the counter and picked it up. I unlocked it to find 4 missed calls from Niall. "I'll be right back, I have to call someone." I said, bending down to kiss Harry before walking out the front porch. I stood in front of the door and dialed Nialls number. "Why'd you call me?" I asked into the phone. "Alright. I'll see you in ten minutes. Bye" I said, hanging up the phone. I walked back inside and grabbed my keys and coat. "I'll be back, I have to go meet someone for something." I kissed Harry again and turned to walk away. "Who are you meeting?" He asked, standing from his place on the couch. "Should I be concerned?" He asked, moving closer to me. I giggled and walked over to him. "Of course not baby, I just need to talk to someone." I smiled, grabbing his face. "I love you, Harry. I may still love someone else, but I'm with you, and nothing is going to change that. Not even Niall." I smiled again and kissed him. "I gotta go, I said I'd be there in ten minutes." I kissed his cheek and walked off. "I love you!" "I love you too." 

         "Why'd you want to meet here? It's so deserted." "Michelle, I need you to tell me something, and I need you to be completely honest." "What is it?" I asked, unamused. "Do you love me more than Harry? Is there any part of you that thinks you could leave Harry for me?" Niall asked seriously. "Niall, I can't answer that right now." "No, I need an answer." He demanded. "I-I don't know. Honestly." I stuttered. "That's not good enough!" Niall screamed, hitting his car. I flinched and started to back away. "No." I said, getting into my car. "There's no part of me that would leave Harry for you. I'm sorry Niall." I started the car and drove off, not wanting to see his reaction. I pulled over at the next gas station and sobbed. Of course I love Niall, and of course I want to be with him. But not if it means leaving Harry. I sighed and started my car again. After what felt like only 5 seconds of driving, my phone started to vibrate. I answered and put the phone on speaker. "Hello?" I answered. "Michelle? What the hell happened between you and Niall? He's in his room throwing things and screaming, and he just put a hole through Louis' living room wall." After Niall and I broke up, he decided he had to get out of the house, as there were so many memories of me there, so he moved in with Louis, and took the spare bedroom. I explained to Payton what happened. "Oh, Michelle! That was cold." "I know. But you should've seen him, it was terrifying. I don't want to be with somebody who scares me that way. He pulled his hand back and I thought for sure that he was going to hit me, but he hit the car. Payton, you understand, you had an abusive boyfriend. If he poses as a threat, you steer clear, right? Isn't that what you told me when Josh first hit you?" "You have a point." Payton sighed. I sighed too and hung up the phone. I was 2 miles from home and 5 miles from Louis'. I had to decide which place I wanted to be, and fast. 

          "Michelle, are you okay? What's that noise? It sounds like Niall. Are you with Niall?" Harry asked through the phone. "Niall, SHUT THE HELL UP!" I yelled, and he froze. "Sorry, I'm fine. And I'm at Louis' right now. I'll explain everything when I get home, but right now, I really gotta deal with this. I love you." I said and hung up the phone. Niall started screaming again. "Niall, calm down." I said calmly. "DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME TO CALM DOWN, BITCH!" He screamed, throwing a picture of us at the wall. I didn't say anything, I just stood in the doorway. "What?! Now you don't have anything to say?!" He screamed. "What's that supposed to mean?" I still wasn't screaming. "You always had to have an opinion. You always had to correct me, tell me what I'm doing wrong. Describe what I'm doing wrong. But now, what do I get from you? Absolutely fucking nothing!" "You're right." I agreed, nodding my head. "Don't go in there! Let them deal with it by themselves!" I heard Louis. "This has to do with me too, Louis!" A deep accent yelled, Harry. I moved out of the way of the door just in time for Harry to slam it open. "Niall, what is the matter with you?! We agreed that no matter who she chose, we'd be okay." Harry reminded Niall. "How the hell am I supposed to be okay!? I'm in love with her, and she ripped my heart out!" Niall cried and fell to the floor. "Harry, I know this includes you too, but right now, this is between Niall and I. So could you..?" I urged towards the door. Harry nodded in response and walked out. "Niall..." I started, taking a seat next to him. "What?" He sniffled. "You don't think this is hard for me too?" He looked at me, before asking what I meant. "I mean, the whole break up. Niall, I'm still in love with you, and it breaks my heart, knowing that I'm putting you through this." I sighed, wrapping an arm around him. He leaned into me as he replied, "Then why do you continue to do it?" "Niall, look at me." He looked at me and I stared into his eyes, slowly but surely regretting my decision. I looked at his lips. "I want to kiss you. I want to be with you. But when you pulled your hand back to hit your car, I thought you were going to hit me. I can't be with someone that scares me that way." I trailed off, looking at the ground. "I'd never hit you. I'm not the kind of guy, and you know that." He stopped leaning on me. I pulled my arm away, and we switched positions. I was now leaning on him, and his arm was wrapped around me. "I know. I lied, Niall. Every part of me wants to be with you. But it also wants to be with Harry. I can't choose between you two. I love you both way too much." "Well, let's bring Harry in here and talk about it. It's your decision, but maybe we can help you make it. So we talked about it. And I made my decision.