Tobias

Original chapter title: School's Out!

April and May fly past, and before we know it school's over. All of us are happy to be out of that hellhole- finally- and I'm just glad that I can get away from my dad for a week. We leave for Disneyland on a Saturday and return on the same day the next week. Of course, there's an earthquake- which Christina confuses for part of the ride on Roger Rabbit- and then they have to shut down the parks to make sure nothing's wrong.  The second time we tried to get on, it stopped halfway through the ride and we had to be escorted off. The third time the ride went all the way through.

The whole week was spent staying up until at least one in the morning at the parks, watching fireworks and parades and riding the rides. Tris convinced me to get on the Tower of Terror- yes, I actually did get on it- and the Matterhorn. But then we have to go home, and I get the great news that my dad has to be in DC for the next week or so for something.

Thank god.

So I invite Tris over every day. We do whatever we want. Mostly we watch movies and talk. Both of us are happy, and it's weird to think that we've been dating for well over a year now. Christina says that we might as well start planning our wedding. I say that we should duct tape her mouth shut and lock her in a basement. 

And of course, there are parties almost every weekend. Mostly they're at Zeke and Uriah's house, but Lynn and Shauna invite us all over too. Lauren and Marlene throw one or two, and Tori and Bud even have us all come over a few times for cookouts and things like that. Tris and I go to every party, of course.

At one point during one of the parties we play Seven Minutes in Heaven, and Zeke rigged the game so that Tris and I would get locked in the closet together. That time was insane, but it was hilarious and fun, too. I've already done a lot this summer, and it's only the beginning of July. If Christina makes us go ziplining though...