Tris

Original chapter title: Fast Forward

Summer passes quickly. As much as I would love to say that all these amazing things happened...nothing much happened. Well, excluding the fact that Tori and Bud became mine and Caleb's legal guardians. Both of us were so happy- I think I was happier about it than Caleb, for obvious reasons- since they'll treat us equally. Our other "parents" moved to Idaho or something. Good riddance. At first I was afraid that we'd have to move, but thank god, because Tori and Bud moved into the house with us.

So now you're pretty much caught up to where we currently stand. December. Next week is- thank god- winter break. Bud, Caleb, and Tori went out grocery shopping, and so I immediately texted Tobias, who is currently sitting on my bed with me. Tori and Bud even approve of him being my boyfriend, and his dad has to be in like Texas or something for a week or two.

"I'm glad you don't have to deal with your other parents anymore." Tobias says, brushing some hair away from my face.

I smile up at him. "Me too." We're both silent, mostly enjoying each other's company. "So, where to this summer?"

"Disneyland." He smiles.

"In California?" I feel my eyes widen.

"Of course. Are you coming?" He sounds hopeful.

"Duh." I grin. "Like Tori and Bud would let me pass up and opportunity to hong out with my best friends and my boyfriend." We'd been dating for about seven months now. 

"Not like you would want to." He lays down and puts his head in my lap, his long legs going over the edge of my bed. I bend down and plant a kiss on his lips, and he slides his fingers through my hair and pulls me closer, deepening the kiss. I pull away after a minute or two, breathing heavily.

"Does your dad still beat you?" I ask him quiety, running my fingers thought his hair.

He nods and lets out a sigh. "Yeah, but now it's easier to deal with."

"Why?" I ask, cocking my head to the side.

"Because," he smiles, "I have you." We kiss again, and then move on to talking about school and other things like that. At one point he sits up and I end up sitting between his legs, leaning up against his chest, with his arms wrapped around my waist. We fall asleep a few times, but neither of us really acknowledge it.

Tori and Bud send him home around eight, saying that he needs to go home and get some sleep but that he can come over tomorrow. I smile and wave through the living room window as he leaves, happy that I have a boyfriend that not only Tori and Bud approve of, but Caleb likes him as well.