Uriah

Original chapter title: The Depressing Effects of Being the "Bad One"

"So she's not allowed to go?"

"Nope." Lauren says, popping the p. "We practically begged them, but the answer was still a no." she hops up onto the kitchen counter. Our whole group- except for the Priors- are in mine and Zeke's kitchen, trying to think of a solution.

"They're crazy!" Lynn exclaims suddenly. "Caleb can go, but Tris can't? What the hell?!"

"They don't look anything like they're parents, either." Four shifts uncomfortably a little, a guilty look flashing over his eyes. I think I'm the only one who notices.

"If they don't want her to go, she can't go." Four says, pinching the bridge of his nose. He does that when he's either tired or irritated, or both.

"So you're just going let your girlfriend stay home while you're riding Space Mountain?" Marlene asks increduously.

"We can't stuff her in a suitcase. Last time I checked, that's considered kidnapping. Which is illegal." I sigh.

"Fine, whatever. Leave Tris here. Be that way."  Marlene storms out, and I let out a long, low breath before following her.

"Mar, that's not what we meant."

"I know." she groans. "But it's just so fucking unfair. We aren't even friends with Caleb! We didn't even invite him!"

"Well, her parents are stupid pansycakes. Okay? We've already established that. Can we finish this conversation with the others like normal people?" I ask,

"I don't know..." she says slyly. "I like being alone out here with you..." She steps closer and runs her fingers up my arm.

"I can hear you!" Lynn stands in the doorway. "We're all leaving anyway. Go ahead and make out or whatever." I shove her a little, grinning. She stumbles. "You're so mean, Uri."

"I know." My grin widens. "And you're a pansycake."

"What are you? Twelve?" She retorts, rolling her eyes.

"And a half." I nod enthusiastically.

"Whatever. I'm leaving. Goodbye, psychos!"