Zeke

A/N: Why yes, this title did come from the song "In My Veins" by Andrew Belle. Thank you for noticing XD

Original chapter title: Nothing Goes As Planned

Just a few important things happen over the weeks following Al's funeral. I see no use in going through the entire story and boring you to death, so I'll give you the Cliff Notes version. Drew was expelled- God only knows what the asshat did. Eric is suspended for a month- drugs? Underage drinking? Murder? Who knows? He's gone, and that's what matters. Molly and Peter are harrassing everyone, mostly Marlene and Tris. And, of course, our group is still a little off from Al's suicide.

Marlene has become extremely closed off. All of us have tried literally everything we could think of. And Uriah, who can get her out of any weird state she's in, can't get her to talk. Or eat. Or do anything. It's stressing him out, but I can tell that he'd rather be stressed and worried than not giving a damn what she does.

Like me with Shauna, he's not giving up. He's always at her house. Talking to her, hugging her, whatever he thinks will get her to talk. Unless they're in different classes, he's always with her. I feel bad for him. I mean, he finally gets up the nerve to kiss the girl, and then a few weeks later she goes psycho or something.

Well, Shauna hasn't exactly been Little Miss Sunshine either. When it's just the two of us, she asks me why I'm still with her, how can I still love her, and aren't I sick of her yet? Shit like that. I always tell her the same things- I'm not leaving, I still love her, I really don't give a shit about her physical condition. You get the picture.

And it's all true. The wheelchair doesn't matter. I've never even considered dating someone else. It might sound stupid and cheesy, but for me, it's always been her. I don't know what the hell those hospital pain meds did to her, but they must've messed up her logic or something. Seriously.

And then you've got Christina and Will and Myra and Edward, who are all cuddly and perfect-couple and all that crap. Tris just seems...numb, I guess. Like she's here, but she isn't. Pretty much like Marlene, but not as bad.

Damn. This is all one big, stressful mess.

Why do I feel as though the bad stuff isn't even close to being over yet?